Bike and Cycling Forum > Cycling Forums > Gear & Accessories > OMG!!! I Love My Bike Shorts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
StormStrikes
Bikes

Liked 455 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 89

OMG!!! I Love My Bike Shorts

So my bike shorts I ordered came in today. Due to household plumbing issues and having to call out a plumber to get it all squared away, I did not get to go on a long ride today like I wanted. However, I rode my bike to the gym tonight when I went to workout. While its not a long ride (less than a mile) I could tell that they were going to be a welcome addition to my cycling apparel.

I had went and bought a memory foam seat cover as a temporary band-aid until the shorts could get here and that helped some. I left it on there for my ride to the gym and that with the shorts made for a comfortable ride. In addition to that, I hit the rowing machine tonight for a mile and a half row and dear Lord that was even better. That hard seat on the rowing machine makes for an uncomfortable hind end on longer rows. I had been rowing as much as four miles but stopped doing that after a couple times and dropped to shorter distances to avoid those issues.

The ones I got are just a tinge tight. The next size up, based on the information they had for sizing, would have been too big. These fit but could use just a touch more room. Which I hope to get as I continue to burn the fat off from the workouts.

Its a shame its starting to get cooler. Im going to have to get out tomorrow and ride a few miles. The grass needs to be mowed, but I think testing out my new bike shorts is a higher priority

Scotty
Bartlesville, OK
## The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
## Follow Me on Twitter, not that I have a lot to say in 140 words or less @StormStrikes

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Industry_Hack
Total noob (& forum admin)

Bikes

Liked 3112 Times on 1878 Posts
Likes Given: 3238

I don't like padded shorts that much, and the Aerotech commuter shorts I reviewed here have become my all time favorite shorts for everything but Las Vegas.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
katz

Liked 197 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 267

I got hooked on padded shorts years ago and wear them every time I bike. I haven't tried out any new stuff lately, I might like the Aerotech ones better now...

I dunno though, as I am resistant to change!

"If my Uncle had wheels and pedals he'd be a bicycle"

Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
kneedrachen

Liked 4205 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 8697

So what did you get?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
newleaf150

Liked 1812 Times on 1058 Posts
Likes Given: 4112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industry_Hack View Post
I don't like padded shorts that much, and the Aerotech commuter shorts I reviewed here have become my all time favorite shorts for everything but Las Vegas.
I hadn't seen that review before; thanks for posting! Good info on a great-sounding product.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
StormStrikes
Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrachen View Post
So what did you get?
I ended up having to go more the economy route for the time being. I will upgrade later on. I didnt want to jump into the spandex type right now so I went with some padded mountain bike shorts from Mt. Bora. They are suprisingly comfortable and they have pockets.

Scotty
Bartlesville, OK
## Follow Me on Twitter, not that I have a lot to say in 140 words or less @StormStrikes

People Like This 
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
katz

Liked 197 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Quote:
I ended up having to go more the economy route for the time being. I will upgrade later on. I didnt want to jump into the spandex type right now so I went with some padded mountain bike shorts from Mt. Bora. They are suprisingly comfortable and they have pockets.
I have an assortment of Large Hardware, Cannondale, Nike padded shorts. Unfortunately, none of them have pockets!

Well, a couple have that key pocket inside, but what good is that?!?

"If my Uncle had wheels and pedals he'd be a bicycle"

Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
Industry_Hack
Total noob (& forum admin)

Bikes

Liked 3112 Times on 1878 Posts
Likes Given: 3238

I have some Cannondale shorts, and they are ok. The Nike ones feel like a full diaper with all the padding.

The Twospoke store for shirts and stuff.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
StormStrikes
Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz View Post
I have an assortment of Large Hardware, Cannondale, Nike padded shorts. Unfortunately, none of them have pockets!

Well, a couple have that key pocket inside, but what good is that?!?
Mine have that key pocket as well. Im tempted to just cut it off. I dont recall any of the spandex type bike shorts I looked at that had any pockets. It was only the mountain bike short, as I recall, that had pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industry_Hack View Post
I have some Cannondale shorts, and they are ok. The Nike ones feel like a full diaper with all the padding.
I have to admit, that initially these also kinda felt like that as well. These have the shorts within shorts. The padded shorts inside the mountain bike shorts. It was a little strange feeling at first, but after wearing them a while and particularly after riding with them, I got used to it.

Scotty
Bartlesville, OK

newleaf150 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
Ken_J_164

Liked 150 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Specialized Shorts

First ride today with my new Specialized "Sport Shorts". They're padded bike shorts that run about $50 and I like'em.

I've used Canari padded bike shorts (about $30 if I remember correctly) for several years and they have been ok.

The Specialized shorts have a little more padding in the back part of the padding area and that seems to add to the comfort level.

Hope the new ones are as durable as the Canari's have been.

Specialized Secteur Comp Apex
Raleigh Talus 5.0

Industry_Hack Likes This 

Quick Reply