Bike and Cycling Forum > Cycling Forums > Gear & Accessories > Runtastic Road Bike App

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Amish

Bikes

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Runtastic Road Bike App

Just came across this app and was curious if anyone has tried and had success with it? Thanks

Trek 7500ZX-Hybrid
Salsa Campeón-Roadie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Industry_Hack
Total noob (& forum admin)
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Liked 3531 Times on 2044 Posts
Likes Given: 3454

Nope.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
agentkratzer

Bikes

Liked 45 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish
Just came across this app and was curious if anyone has tried and had success with it? Thanks
No, I have downloaded the app but never used it. I have used MapMyRide and Strava. I favor Strava over MapMyRide. I now use my Garmin Edge 800, then upload the rides to both Strava and MapMyRide. I do this because of the segments and courses. I have also used Strava since purchasing my road bike, and it's a convenient way to record mileage and adjustments to my bike.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Amish

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkratzer View Post
No, I have downloaded the app but never used it. I have used MapMyRide and Strava. I favor Strava over MapMyRide. I now use my Garmin Edge 800, then upload the rides to both Strava and MapMyRide. I do this because of the segments and courses. I have also used Strava since purchasing my road bike, and it's a convenient way to record mileage and adjustments to my bike.

Thank you kindly I to have used Mapmyride and Strava. I like them both but probably favor Strava. I am app geek so when I saw the app I thought I would send out a query. I know that is probably one of the top questions in this portion of the forums, "Which app is best". I just use what I like and go with it. Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Trek 7500ZX-Hybrid
Salsa Campeón-Roadie

Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
TroyD75826

I have this app and I am very happy with it. You don't have to pay for the entire pro app if you don't want or need all it's features. 0.99 to eliminate the adds

Old 11-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
Amish

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD75826 View Post
I have this app and I am very happy with it. You don't have to pay for the entire pro app if you don't want or need all it's features. 0.99 to eliminate the adds
I actually starting using this app exclusively and went so far as to buy the pro version. I really like. I love the UI and the extra features that go along with this app. It's been one of the more accurate apps I have tried and it's web data base is very simple to use and manipulate.

Trek 7500ZX-Hybrid
Salsa Campeón-Roadie

Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
John_V

Bikes

Liked 4340 Times on 2278 Posts
Likes Given: 5704

I've been using Cyclemeter on my iPhone. It's been a great little app and seems to be better then the others on battery life. It also has several biking modes, as well as running, swimming, walking, skiing, hiking and driving. All the data is kept on a web site and you can have each rides stats emailed to you when you save your data. I also have the pro version so everything is available to me.

One thing that I like about this app, that I didn't see in some of the others, is that all the data is present on the main screen by swiping left or right. It also pairs up with some of the popular HRM transmitters and cadence sensors.

HCFR Cycling Team

Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress

http://www.pedalmybike.com/userTrack...rackie4389.jpg

Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
BadWolf

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts

My favorite is Endomondo. The app is very nice to use, and I like the social environment better than Strava.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Amish

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf View Post
My favorite is Endomondo. The app is very nice to use, and I like the social environment better than Strava.
I heard a lot of good things about Endomondo, and I even tried it. Problem was that it keep starting and stopping. I checked all the settings and made sure that even auto pause wasn't on. Didn't matter, every few feet it started and stopped. So I took it off my phone. Shame to, because it looked like a good app.

Trek 7500ZX-Hybrid
Salsa Campeón-Roadie

Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
newleaf150

Liked 2324 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 5609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish View Post

I heard a lot of good things about Endomondo, and I even tried it. Problem was that it keep starting and stopping. I checked all the settings and made sure that even auto pause wasn't on. Didn't matter, every few feet it started and stopped. So I took it off my phone. Shame to, because it looked like a good app.
Interesting. I had huge problems with the auto-stop feature, but Endomondo otherwise worked decently well on my Android phone once auto-stop was disabled. Can't blame you for dumping the app under the circumstances.

Quick Reply