Bike and Cycling Forum > Trail & Ride Meetups > TwoSpoke Local Forums for Region and State > Texas Bike Forum > San Antonio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #1
Contra
Offroad Junkie

Bikes

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

San Antonio

anyone here from SA?

I try to do at least 10miles a day on single track (mountain bike trails)

I am ready to ride most times after 4pm
and on the weekends, let me know

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
omnivox42
TS_MODERATOR.png

Bikes

Liked 2359 Times on 1569 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

Houston. Glad to see another Texan though.

~~~There will be moments of chaos, keep pedaling~~~

Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Tex735

I'm in San Antonio! Problem lately is that the sun goes down right around the time I get home. Do you do any night riding? I have never done a trail at night, but I'll give it a go! Hit me up if you wanna try it... As long as we don't get mugged... LOL!

Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
newleaf150

Liked 1828 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 4154

When it comes to handling muggers and/or aggressive critters, you might try this pepper spray, which is designed to attach to your top tube by velcro. Props to Xela for finding and posting it in the self-defense thread.

I bought one and have been quite happy with it in terms of ease-of-attachment and release. I have fortunately had no need to test its performance in a self-defense situation, so I can't speak to that. I like having it out of the way but immediately to-hand. It's stayed in place for several hundred miles, including a few sections of vision-blurring dirt road washboards.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
rideSATX

Liked 69 Times on 43 Posts

for sure! I'm in San Antonio. I try and ride three or four times a week. some longer than others. I just got a mountain bike and I've been doing OP Schnable (sp?) park a lot. my roomate, who also rides, is trying to talk me into the back country at gov canyon. I mostly ride on the road though. I'll do the Leon creek greenway, or go ride downtown. sometimes I'll ride out to Castroville. where do you ride mostly?

edit: that was a question to you Tex, not the original poster lol. it's been a little while since he posted

Last edited by rideSATX; 12-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
superj
still learning

Bikes

Liked 821 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 12

dang, you lucky dogs!! other people to ride with... i am jealous

you should try this link:

https://www.biketexas.org/

Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Tex735

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideSATX
for sure! I'm in San Antonio. I try and ride three or four times a week. some longer than others. I just got a mountain bike and I've been doing OP Schnable (sp?) park a lot. my roomate, who also rides, is trying to talk me into the back country at gov canyon. I mostly ride on the road though. I'll do the Leon creek greenway, or go ride downtown. sometimes I'll ride out to Castroville. where do you ride mostly?

edit: that was a question to you Tex, not the original poster lol. it's been a little while since he posted
I've done the back country at govt. canyon. It's ROUGH! I'm on a full suspension 29'er and it was tough. Lots of rocks! I don't ride on the road at all, purely mountain. I've ridden OP several times but I seem to get lost every time. I don't know it very well yet... It's a good trail though. I have been riding Salado Creek lately and I LOVE it! Lemme know sometime after the holidays and maybe we can hit the trails!!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
superj
still learning

Bikes

Liked 821 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 12

if you guys go to rio frio or garner state park on any holidays, i can try and be there. my parents live about 3 or 5 miles up the road form the entrance to garner

you should try this link:

https://www.biketexas.org/

Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Contra
Offroad Junkie

Bikes

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I haven't been to this site in a while, but just wanted you guy to know I usually ride in the early mornings now around 6am at Mac and Leon Creek Greenway, with a friend...we usually ride the entire length of the paved trail...but I also like to ride on the woods...30+ miles...if you wanna meet up with us and ride at least 20 miles...let me know

Old 09-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
dust

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

Hey bud! I have a twitter and Facebook that I'm starting up to help spread the word of your ride and get more people to ride with you. Follow us on twitter @SAGroupCycle. I also have a Facebook account on there feel free to message me with any questions or if you could help spread the word that would be great!

Quick Reply