Originally Posted by kneedrachen
Any particular gear or advice you'd like to tell us about? There seems to be an interest in rando's just not that many events.
Some more advice
Velocio's Seven Commandments of Cycling - By Bill Bryant
1. Make your stops short and infrequent so as not to lose your drive.
2. Eat lightly and often. Eat before getting hungry , drink before you are thirsty.
3. Never ride until you are so tired that you cannot eat or sleep.
4. Put on extra clothing before you're cold, and take it off before you're hot. Don't be afraid of exposing your skin to the sun, air, and rain.
5. Don't drink wine, eat meat, or smoke -- at least during the ride.
6. Never rush things. Ride within yourself, particularly during the first few hours of a ride when you feel strong and are tempted to force the pace.
7. Never pedal out of vanity, don't be a show-off.
I hope you Injoy doing Randonneur.