You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Industry & Events > Giveaways, Promotions, and Coupons >

HURRY! Get it while it's hot! ** Skratch Labs**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
rola643
Two skinny Js
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Liked 13226 Times on 7018 Posts
Likes Given: 10727

HURRY! Get it while it's hot! ** Skratch Labs**

Skratch Labs has an end of summer sale going. I love Skratch and use it daily.

A week or so ago I saw that they had the hydration mix on sale for 15.00 per bag that is normally 19.50. With 20% of brings ot down to 15 and some change. Sooo I jumped all over it and went to order a few bags but a check out they rang me up hard and made all the difference of the sale price up in shipping and handling.

I made a Facebook post and tagged them stating I was bummed they did that.

Yesterday I got an email from their customer experience manager saying that if I made the order they would pay for the shipping. Don't know if this was a direct result of my complaint or not but I made the order this morning with FREE shipping

Only lasts until this weekend so hurry up and jump on board!!

We didn't evolve for more than two million years to sit in front of a TV eating potato chips and contracting lifestyle diseases. Humans were meant to be active, to move vigorously and strenuously - just as you do as an athlete.

* -Joe Friel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2017, 12:17 AM   #2
longjohn
tall old member

Liked 2157 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 902

I have had that happen with other companies. They offer a good price and at checkout they add excessive charges for shipping and handling so instead of completing the sale I just close the window. Next thing I know I get an offer of free shipping if I will complete the order. I know it costs to ship stuff. I don't mind a reasonable shipping charge but what the heck is a handling charge? If you buy from the corner store they have more handling than an online store and they don't add on to the price a handling charge.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
IanSkratch

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Rola643 & longjohn,

My name is Ian and I'm the CEO at Skratch Labs so I really appreciate the open dialogue!

I hear you loud and clear and am sorry for any inconvenience or trouble we've caused you...shipping is such a difficult issue, and one that I've spent hours and hours working to find the right solution to.

I can assure you that we don't charge a handling fee of any sort...the shipping prices you'll see on our website are direct quotes from UPS or The US Postal Service from our warehouse in Boulder CO to your shipping destination. Said another way, the amount you'd pay for shipping (or that we'd pay for you) is the exact amount that we then get billed for from the shipping carrier. I know that might seem crazy when you see the shipping fee. The reason is pretty simply...we just don't do anywhere near the kind of volume that say a company like Amazon.com does to get their low rates.

if you have some feedback about what you personally would prefer while shopping for our products (e.g. a lower free shipping threshold, more availability at local dealers where there is no shipping, additional online shopping options that would allow you to add Skratch Labs to your other products like amazon.com or jet.com, etc) please let me know as we're always working to get better!

thanks for listening and if there is anything I can do to help please feel free to reach out directly (ian[at]skratchlabs[dot]com)!

Happy riding!!!
-ian
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2017, 01:53 AM   #4
rola643
Two skinny Js
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSkratch View Post
Rola643 & longjohn,

My name is Ian and I'm the CEO at Skratch Labs so I really appreciate the open dialogue!

I hear you loud and clear and am sorry for any inconvenience or trouble we've caused you...shipping is such a difficult issue, and one that I've spent hours and hours working to find the right solution to.

I can assure you that we don't charge a handling fee of any sort...the shipping prices you'll see on our website are direct quotes from UPS or The US Postal Service from our warehouse in Boulder CO to your shipping destination. Said another way, the amount you'd pay for shipping (or that we'd pay for you) is the exact amount that we then get billed for from the shipping carrier. I know that might seem crazy when you see the shipping fee. The reason is pretty simply...we just don't do anywhere near the kind of volume that say a company like Amazon.com does to get their low rates.

if you have some feedback about what you personally would prefer while shopping for our products (e.g. a lower free shipping threshold, more availability at local dealers where there is no shipping, additional online shopping options that would allow you to add Skratch Labs to your other products like amazon.com or jet.com, etc) please let me know as we're always working to get better!

thanks for listening and if there is anything I can do to help please feel free to reach out directly (ian[at]skratchlabs[dot]com)!

Happy riding!!!
-ian
Hey! Thanks for dropping in Ian!

Glad to see you to took some time out of your busy day and stopped into our corner of the world!

Shipping is a crazy deal for sure. I'm not going to belabour your shipping cost other than to say I can't make the numbers for shipping match either USPS or UPS that I was given when I ordered.

I'll just say I'm a happy customer with the deal I got.

I am somewhat amazed at all the hits Skratch must get in a given day and you came here to respond, pretty cool.

Again, thanks for dropping in and giving us some time out of your day
~rola643

We didn't evolve for more than two million years to sit in front of a TV eating potato chips and contracting lifestyle diseases. Humans were meant to be active, to move vigorously and strenuously - just as you do as an athlete.

* -Joe Friel
People Like This 
Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
IanSkratch

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

You're most welcome, and I'm happy that you're happy!

If there is ever anything we can help with please pick up the phone (800-735-8904) or shoot an email!
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
petkos
Bikes

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

a handling charge allows the company to recoup some of the money they pay the employee.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
rola643
Two skinny Js
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Pretty impressed with 2 day delivery from the USPS
IMG_9829.jpg

* -Joe Friel

Old 08-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #8
rola643
Two skinny Js
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Nice touch
IMG_9830.jpg

* -Joe Friel

Quick Reply