Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion > Cruzbike Silvio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
IanHighfield

Cruzbike Silvio

I was just looking at a recumbent site (shoot me) and spied this front wheel drive design. I thought it did not look too terrible. I like the short chain length and the fact it looks more like a real bike. Does anyone own one these Silvio models?

I also read a story in which the writer pines for the US triathlon governing body to allow bents in their races since it is a time trial and not a group race. This is a very good idea.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Industry_Hack
Total noob (& forum admin)
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Liked 3476 Times on 2027 Posts
Likes Given: 3431

I've voiced an opinion about them before.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
JohnnyMagic

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Opinions pending

Here's my take on a FWD MBB;

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have only coasted around the driveway with no brakes and 1 gear. Interesting. 20.1 lbs, and I have a Zipp 404 that will shed 300g's.

Hopefully it will sprint and climb, better than an extreme loracer.

JM

Old 01-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
IanHighfield

JohnnyMagic, for some reason that bike does not bring the bile up into my throat. It looks more functional in terms of leg position than a lowrider to me. But I've never sat one, just eyeball-wise.

If that bike is your design I have to figure you a trained or simply talented artist. Someone with an eye for lines.

What looks wrong to me is the grip position. Seems like they should be tilted down a little or maybe out? Like to see a human onboard to get a feel for what the arms and hands look like in position to ride.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
JohnnyMagic

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHighfield View Post
JohnnyMagic, for some reason that bike does not bring the bile up into my throat. It looks more functional in terms of leg position than a lowrider to me. But I've never sat one, just eyeball-wise.

If that bike is your design I have to figure you a trained or simply talented artist. Someone with an eye for lines.

What looks wrong to me is the grip position. Seems like they should be tilted down a little or maybe out? Like to see a human onboard to get a feel for what the arms and hands look like in position to ride.
Hey Ian,

Look at the top (finnished bike) pic. Grips are tilted both, down and out.

I spend alot of time on grip position. 5 hrs. on a trainer with the loracer before building bars.

As far as the other comment goes; my bike rules, your bike sucks, seems to be the sentiment on these forums.
Just because we don't like, or ride type "A or B". I guess it's a "Ford versus Chevy" thing.

JM

Old 01-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
IanHighfield

Johnny, I forgot all about the top photo. I fixated on the last all-carbon bike. They are the same I see now. Yes, the grips look right in the top photo.

I thought by now you understood there was no real animosity on my part toward bent bikes or bent riders. What amuses me is the utter lack of humor displayed by most all of them including (it would appear) you. Don't be so sensitive. Bent riders who actually make their own equipment are lightyears ahead of DF guys who do not in my mind.

I've said this before: The day a bent beats me or any other DF rider I respect I'll buy one the next day. That's fair isn't it?

Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
JohnnyMagic

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Johnny, I forgot all about the top photo. I fixated on the last all-carbon bike. They are the same I see now. Yes, the grips look right in the top photo.

I thought by now you understood there was no real animosity on my part toward bent bikes or bent riders. What amuses me is the utter lack of humor displayed by most all of them including (it would appear) you. Don't be so sensitive. Bent riders who actually make their own equipment are lightyears ahead of DF guys who do not in my mind.

I've said this before: The day a bent beats me or any other DF rider I respect I'll buy one the next day. That's fair isn't it?
I thought I was being funny.

Wished you lived on "right" side of the pond though. You'd be eating your words and ordering a frame from me .

JM

Old 01-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
IanHighfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic View Post
I thought I was being funny.

Wished you lived on "right" side of the pond though. You'd be eating your words and ordering a frame from me .

JM
This is the proper side. We sent all our refuse to America and Australia years ago. Some became pols, the others makers of recumbents. We knew something once-upon-a-time.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
funetical
Slowin it up.

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic View Post
As far as the other comment goes; my bike rules, your bike sucks, seems to be the sentiment on these forums.
Just because we don't like, or ride type "A or B". I guess it's a "Ford versus Chevy" thing.

JM
Not true Johnny. That's just Ian. I think your bike is are awesome. I'm not some sort of cycling purity zealot but I am a friend of innovation and design. You bike is sweet.
For the Record on the Chevy-Ford argument: Only in a Jeep.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
funetical
Slowin it up.

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
This is the proper side. We sent all our refuse to America and Australia years ago. Some became pols, the others makers of recumbents. We knew something once-upon-a-time.
Worked out well for all of us then. We get to deny our imperialistic heritage and practice our form of religion. You got to survive. Seems like it worked out well for both of us.

Auf Wiedersehen

Tags
recumbent, recumbents, bent, bents, cruzbike, silvio, cruzbike silvio

Quick Reply