You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion >

Did you ride today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #13581
cwtch

Liked 2616 Times on 1098 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Rarely do I feel as accomplished as this ride made me feel.
Did you ride today? - General Bike Discussion
A 2.5 mile climb section of my thirty mile ride. Averaged 10.4 mph on the climb kept my heart rate bellow 170 at 162 while still pushing 162 watts. Really pleased about this
Should mention it is mtb not road. On the road these would be sad numbers on the mtb they be happy numbers

Last edited by cwtch; Yesterday at 01:51 PM.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM   #13582
fpl1

Liked 5983 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruElvis View Post
I rode 125 miles in the rain on Saturday to complete our NJ Rando's season opener brevet (Batsto 200K). This route was supposed to be easy to get our winter legs ready for long distance riding again. However, I have to say Saturday's ride was one of the tougher brevets I have done up to now for reason unrelated to the distance.

The weather forecast for rain was 90% in south Jersey where the ride was to take place but we were hoping they would be wrong as is often the case. No such luck! The rain arrived even earlier than predicted and we were rained on before noon instead of near the end of the ride (around 4-5pm). The misery factor was pretty high for everyone that did the ride that day. It's one thing to get rain on in the Summer when the temperature is much warmer but when it's 48* to 52*, it's no picnic. But, as randonneurs, we have to get used to dealing with bad weather on these self-supported endurance rides which can range from a short distance of 200K to as long as 1200K. So we all toughed it out and completed the ride for some well-earned food and beer at the Lower Bank Tavern, whose owner and host of the brevet Bill, is also die-hard randonneur himself.

When I got home that night, my wife asked me if Randonneur isn't another french word for crazy cyclist.
I'd say you lived up to rule #5

People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #13583
fpl1

Jumped on our Tuesday/Thursday shop ride but elected to go with the earlier "b" group. It was just as fast as the A group last week with fewer people and fewer odds of ending up in a crash. In fact there was a big crash in the A group last Tuesday with some guy being way too aggressive. I don't need that. Anyways, today was a little different as it was a little too slow for my liking so I spent most of the time on the front to get the legs a good workout. Ended up riding 21 miles. I need an A- ride without the idiots showing up who treat it like a crit with a podium spot waiting on them.
People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #13584
John_V

Bikes

Liked 9154 Times on 4466 Posts
Likes Given: 15616

Having posterior knee pain yesterday and I didn't even ride. This morning it was still lingering around but not as bad as it was yesterday. Rode a 41 mile solo ride in some really brutal wind this morning. Good thing the knee kept me from trying to go fast because the wind would have ended that idea in a hurry.

Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
fpl1 Likes This 
Old Today, 01:27 AM   #13585
Dragonfly5

Liked 560 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 335

My friend Thea and I did the Monday night club ride, 13 miles. I debated whether to wear my vest and tights and I'm glad I did as the wind picked up near the end of the ride and cooled things down quite a bit.
People Like This 
Old Today, 03:03 AM   #13586
Dos_Ruedas

Bikes

Liked 4795 Times on 2108 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruElvis View Post
I rode 125 miles in the rain on Saturday to complete our NJ Rando's season opener brevet (Batsto 200K). This route was supposed to be easy to get our winter legs ready for long distance riding again. However, I have to say Saturday's ride was one of the tougher brevets I have done up to now for reason unrelated to the distance.

The weather forecast for rain was 90% in south Jersey where the ride was to take place but we were hoping they would be wrong as is often the case. No such luck! The rain arrived even earlier than predicted and we were rained on before noon instead of near the end of the ride (around 4-5pm). The misery factor was pretty high for everyone that did the ride that day. It's one thing to get rain on in the Summer when the temperature is much warmer but when it's 48* to 52*, it's no picnic. But, as randonneurs, we have to get used to dealing with bad weather on these self-supported endurance rides which can range from a short distance of 200K to as long as 1200K. So we all toughed it out and completed the ride for some well-earned food and beer at the Lower Bank Tavern, whose owner and host of the brevet Bill, is also die-hard randonneur himself.

When I got home that night, my wife asked me if Randonneur isn't another french word for crazy cyclist.

Yep, a definite #9!! Sweet!!!
People Like This 
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #13587
fpl1

Did 35 miles early this morning with a buddy of mine. Should have done a longer warm-up as my legs felt like crap early on and then I felt much stronger later in the ride.

Looks like we have a bunch of storms in the forecast for the next several days. Hopefully they are wrong and we can get some riding in.
John_V Likes This 
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #13588
John_V

Bikes

Liked 9154 Times on 4466 Posts
Likes Given: 15616

Looked at the Weather Channel app before heading out for my ride this morning. It showed 3-4 mph winds with 6-7 mph gusts until around noon. A sudden joy came upon me that I couldn't explain. Got out to the park and immediately began wondering "what kind of drugs are these guys on?" The flag at the ranger station was flying straight out. Good thing my buddies Frank and Steve were also riding today as we got a chance to switch pulls during the 40 mile ride. Even at that, it wasn't pretty.

Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
fpl1 Likes This 

Quick Reply