You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion >

Did you ride today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #14031
Marna_Kazmaier

Liked 1657 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 2573

Deron and I rode the Prairie again yesterday....HARD ride. It had rained so the ground was 'puffy' and it held on to the tires like....

The day before we rode in Belle Fourche....OH FOR THE PAVEMENT! LOVED IT! Rode twice as long as yesterday and yesterday was much more of a Work Out. I am all for the Work Outs, get up early for them, but.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #14032
newleaf150
Deranged Touring Cyclist

Liked 4687 Times on 2167 Posts
Likes Given: 13628

Another 15mi shorty ride for me after 10mi yesterday. Plenty of climbing. I caught a 'tailwind of death' on one ascent but didn't realize it right away, just cooked, sweated, and wondered how in the world this hill was giving me such trouble. Then it curved just enough to change the wind's angle. Oh. That's how.

Later in the route, a redtail hawk started from a fence post on the far side of the road as I passed. I was rolling in the low 20mph range, and the hawk matched me perfectly for a couple hundred yards, actually flying below the height of an adjacent stock fence. Then he swooped abruptly upward to alight on a telephone pole as I spun my way down the shoulder.

I don't usually watch wildlife that closely when I'm on the road, if only for reasons of safety. As it was, I probably spent more flight time glancing fore and aft at traffic than watching the hawk's flight, but when they're that low and that close, it's hard to look away.
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #14033
ironlungs

Liked 4942 Times on 2409 Posts
Likes Given: 8029

^^^pretty cool to experience that red trail! Envy!

Quick Reply