You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion >

Fly6/Fly12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #21
TruElvis
Two "Slow" Spoke

Bikes

Liked 5930 Times on 2583 Posts
Likes Given: 8894

By the way, since his case has long been settled, I can discuss it here. My friend was approaching an intersection when the light turned green so he proceeded to cross it. Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed some movement to his left and all of a sudden felt something hit his rear wheel. He was flung off his bike violently and landed on his right side.

He suffered a broken arm, a broken collarbone, and a concussion along with severe road rashes. There was only one other passing car at the time and it never stopped. The driver did stop but claimed to the cop that my friend the cyclist had jumped the red light and that's what was recorded in the police report since my friend was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and could not give his side of the story.

Thankfully, he had ridden with his Sony Actioncam that day and was able to retrieve the video of the incident later. When my friend's lawyer first contact the driver's insurance company to discuss compensation, the insurance company essentially told him to get lost because the police report showed that my friend was at fault for jumping a red light. As soon as they found out that there was a video of the crash, their tone changed entirely and they politely asked for a copy of the video.

After they viewed the video, they realized that their client was entirely at fault for running the red light. All my friend's medical expenses were paid for. He got a new bike and almost a quarter of a million dollar after the lawyer took his cut. Without that 30 seconds of video, the results would be a total injustice for my friend.

I went out and bought the Fly6 and Fly12 shortly after that.

"Cycling is not about looking outward at those ahead or behind you, but inward. It's about discovering the depths of your physical toughness, and learning that your mental toughness runs just a little bit deeper than you imagined. It's not about being better than others, but being, for a few enchanting hours, better than yourself."

Last edited by TruElvis; 06-22-2017 at 06:00 AM.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #22
ironlungs

Liked 5091 Times on 2477 Posts
Likes Given: 8211

That's fantastic, Tru. that's what I'm talking about: one cyclist, going to emergency, laid up, can't defend himself while the one who hit him gets off Scott free, because three people in that car collaborated with each other (in my scenarios)..... until the video shows up

superj Likes This 
Old 07-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #23
lectrichead

Bikes

Liked 720 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 674

Also, another good article on the benefit of a bikecam - GoPro – A Trial Lawyer’s Best Friend
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
ironlungs

Liked 5091 Times on 2477 Posts
Likes Given: 8211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectrichead View Post
Also, another good article on the benefit of a bikecam - GoPro – A Trial Lawyer’s Best Friend
Fantastic! What I got out of this was if you're in any accident, don't alter the recording on the camera. Great advice on entire content

Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #25
lectrichead

Bikes

Liked 720 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 674

That's what I gleaned from it also. If anything happens I or my wife or relative or friend or survivor should pull the memory card directly out of the bikecam right in front of a lawyer and hand it to him.

I always have mentally debated in the event of an accident whether I would even tell a police officer that I had a recording. I wouldn't want it to get lost, misplaced, or...whatever.

People Like This 

Quick Reply