Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion > Parts for my Fuji Absolute 1.0 , 2010-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
wild
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Bikes

Liked 2316 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Parts for my Fuji Absolute 1.0 , 2010-

Seams my dealer can't get parts for my 3 month old bike. I had the head come off the bolt that holds the seat post, had to rig it as it is a blind hole and has to be the right lenth.
Then a week ago I poped a spoke, can't get one from Fuji the dealer says Fuji don't stock parts but he is working on getting a spoke for me.

Is there some place I can get parts for this bike that look like thay came with the bike at least.
The spoke thay put in looks like it came off a Huffy 1950s version

Last edited by wild; 06-06-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
photosbymark

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Well I would suggest two options. First one I would do anyway regardless. Call Fuji and ask for a customer service manager. Either the dealer is giving you a line of bull, or we both have a bigger problem because I have a Fuji too. Frankly I would be willing to bet its not going to make someone a lot of money so they don't want to bother. IF that is the case, Fuji should know about it. Service is as much a part of being a dealer as selling.

Fuji should be able to guide you somewhere with better service or sell you the parts you need directly. I bought mine from my local Performance Bike and can say nothing but great things about them.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
jagonz456

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

from the fuji website:

POLICY:
Advanced Sports, Inc. provides the original retail purchaser of each new Fuji bicycle a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for the bicycle frame and rigid fork when purchased from and assembled by an authorized Fuji dealer. Fuji also warrants, for one year, all original parts on the bicycle excluding paint, decals, tires, tubes, chains and other wear & tear items. Suspension forks and rear shock absorbers shall be covered by the stated warranty of their original manufacturers.

call them they will replace the parts for free.

I have a fuji roubaix pro and i had problems with the shifters on my bike and fuji told me to go another fuji dealership and they confirmed that the shifter where broken because of faulty installation so they replaced and upgraded my shifters for free.

Last edited by jagonz456; 06-05-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
wild
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Bikes

Liked 2316 Times on 1075 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Yea I read that to my dealer about defects in materales and workmanship, he said he can't get small parts. I evean went on the Fuji site and sent them an E-mail ,I have not heard any thing from them. Service I have life time service

Old 06-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
photosbymark

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Just from my experience, call don't email. Be polite, but be firm. IF you don't get a resolution go up the chain of command. The magic title for me is the director for consumer affairs. I've found that if you call the regular corporate switchboard and just ask for them, you usually get to someone with 1 the authority to fix your problem 2. the desire to fix your problem and 3. the desire to fix what caused your problem.

It sounds like in this case your dealer is the problem. Fuji would want to know about that.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Hardtail
Ridin Dirty

Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by photosbymark View Post
Just from my experience, call don't email. Be polite, but be firm. IF you don't get a resolution go up the chain of command. The magic title for me is the director for consumer affairs. I've found that if you call the regular corporate switchboard and just ask for them, you usually get to someone with 1 the authority to fix your problem 2. the desire to fix your problem and 3. the desire to fix what caused your problem.

It sounds like in this case your dealer is the problem. Fuji would want to know about that.
Thats some sound advice!

So how many differant countries have you gone riding in/on?????? USA, Canada, Hawaii(oversea..lol), Qatar, Iraq and South Korea now.....more to follow though!

Quick Reply