Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > General Bike Discussion > Turner Recumbents?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
toggers

Turner Recumbents?

Suddenly I see 2 Turners for sale in my area. Are they any good?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
BlazingPedals
Bikes

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts

They've been around for a long time, but Turner is basically a one-man shop. Can't say much about them, either positive or negative.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
SeanWatkins

I think they are great! I have been riding Turner T-Lite Short Wheel Base bikes for 15 years. Milt Turner is a dependable honest fellow. The ONLY issue I have with these bikes is the seat connection to the frame. You have to be at least a bit mechanically inclined and get in there with a wrench to adjust the seat mountings to make the whole thing run silently (withou8t any "ticking" as the seat works while you peddle). This minor detail is no big deal and the joy of riding these machines is just off the charts! I ride mine up and down South Mountain (in Phoenix AZ) which is a 7 mile climb with a wicked fast decent through numerous twists and turns. SO FUN! Get one!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
Precisionfab

Hello, i m a fabricator that builds turner recumbents for mr turner, i have 3 of his bikes for sale. I have been without contact with turner for almost a year. I hope everything is well but these bikes need to go, i do not have room to store all these frames. i have 3 new ones and several other frames. i feel horrible doing this but i didn't want to throw them away.If anyone has any information on his where abouts or is interested in these frames please let me know. I am located in tucson and have been welding for him for the past 5 years or more

Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #5
Dkranz

I just picked up two Turner swb uss bikes, but considering MR. Turner is Mia, parts will be fun to find. Looking for handlebar extensions ( or new handle bar setups) and the nylon chain guides, seat covers, and possible a new seat pan. Also interested to know the original tire type and sizes. Anyone know much about these bikes please let me know
Thanks,
Doug

Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
BlazingPedals
Bikes

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts

P-Fab, you might contact Bryan Ball at Bentrideronline, to see if he has any better contact information on Milt, or failing that, if he'll let you post the frames in the for-sale section there. BROL has a good number of home-builders who might be interested in the frames.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
wave66rider

Dear Presicionfab,
please contact me in regards to the turner frames you have at wave66rider@optimum.net thank you Bill S.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
wave66rider

Presicionfab sorry i misspelled your name

Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
superj
still learning

Bikes

Liked 931 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 14

You might want to pm him so he gets the message. He has no other posts so he has not been on this particular site since that post, it appears

1998 specialized expedition sport
2010 trek 1200sl
2009 bacchetta strada
2010 trek 820
2008 giant boulder
1998 gt series one
2013 trek 7.2
kneedrachen Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
Dkranz

I have sent a private message to presisionfab a week ago, and never got a reply back. I recently got two Turners out of Utah, The second one should be rideable today! I am planning on doing a 30 mile Tour de Cure in a few months with one of them. So far, the worst part has been the handle bars and bar ends. I think I have come up with something decent that will work great.

Quick Reply