Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking > Put some flats on the 29er

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
INTEGRATE

Liked 589 Times on 400 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Put some flats on the 29er

Going to experiment to see of they are equally fast like the articles in the fitness forum say. Crank Brother 50/50's.

image-2165029311.jpg  

Al Painter, NASM CES, PES, BA

Never attempt any new exercises mentioned in the fitness forum without a thorough evaluation from a physician, personal trainer, strength coach, athletic trainer, physical therapist or sports chiropractor. To do so without their consent, is to do them at your own risk. Riders/racers at the high school level must obtain written parental consent to request training advice via direct message.

Poolie Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Industry_Hack
Total noob (& forum admin)
TS_ADMIN.png

Bikes

Liked 3585 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 3471

Riders are fast. Pedals are not.

People Like This 
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
INTEGRATE

Had a great ride yesterday. Pedals worked really well, cornering was insanely easier!

Never attempt any new exercises mentioned in the fitness forum without a thorough evaluation from a physician, personal trainer, strength coach, athletic trainer, physical therapist or sports chiropractor. To do so without their consent, is to do them at your own risk. Riders/racers at the high school level must obtain written parental consent to request training advice via direct message.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Poolie

Liked 987 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRATE View Post
Had a great ride yesterday. Pedals worked really well, cornering was insanely easier!
Did you have any issues re-wiring your brain not to try and pull up in the pedals?

Cycling... If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
bikertank

Liked 409 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't really think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so - I make it easy - I just try to pedal fast - and then faster the next time - and so on

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Poolie

Liked 987 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertank View Post
I don't really think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so - I make it easy - I just try to pedal fast - and then faster the next time - and so on
I'm probably a freak in that perspective. Been training for an endurance race next weekend that includes 8k ft of vertical climbing and I pull the crap out of the pedals :-)

Cycling... If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
okhealthy

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

yeah, i think so , good idea, I make it easy - I just try to pedal fast - and then faster the next time

Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
INTEGRATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolie

Did you have any issues re-wiring your brain not to try and pull up in the pedals?
No, in fact it's helped my road riding a ton. My pedal
Stroke is a lot more efficient now!

Industry_Hack Likes This 
Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
stevenjoywell

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah,i agree it, don't think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so .

Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #10
INTEGRATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoywell
yeah,i agree it, don't think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so .
I'd recommend going on flats until the spring. I'm still running mine. Straightline Amps, awesome pedals. Just make sure to get good shoes. 5-10 and Teva make good ones.

Quick Reply