You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Cycling Forums > Training / Health >

diabetes and cycling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #11
ironlungs

Liked 5128 Times on 2491 Posts
Likes Given: 8275

Awesome! Thanks Ret

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017, 02:11 PM   #12
Retmuter

Liked 367 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlungs View Post
Awesome! Thanks Ret
If you do get your wife into cycling just make sure she carries 2 patch kits and 4 tubes

ironlungs Likes This 
Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
Retmuter

Had family here over the Mem day W/E. Didn't ride. BS was all over the place. And I'm not talking about the political discussions.
I'm talking about a high BS of 260 and a low of 42. Diabetics call it chasing your tail. Felt like garbage this morning. But I got on the bike and did a 12 mile loop, even tho I didn't feel like it. Now I'm back to the 65-95 range I've been staying in.
I can't wait for tomorrow's ride!
One thing that did happen, I had to get some stuff at the store to feed the crowd. College age cashier I've joked around with before said, "For an old guy, you have great legs."
Double
Gee I wonder why..........
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #14
Retmuter

Found a new daily route. This one is a half mile shorter than my previous 12 miler, but it only has 1/4 mile of pavement. Mostly washboard gravel, hard pack and a 1/2 mile climb on a bit of single track that is a bit loose. My legs are sore all over and my grin muscles are just as sore!
While this might not seem like much to some around here it really helps me do things like enjoy one of my favorite things. That would be ice cream! The real stuff, not that sugar free junque.
ironlungs Likes This 
Old 10-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #15
burnthesheep

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know this thread started in May, but this thread is a round-about way that I found this site. I was looking for teams I saw in the local Tour de Cove recently, and this post was a result.

Anyway, I work for Novo and it got me into riding since they sponsor the pro cycling team. It's inspiring since it's hard enough to train and eat for any pro rider, much less ones that have to take insulin and routinely test. That has to be a circus to figure out!

I don't have it, so can't imagine what you have to do when preparing to ride or riding. I've been training to do some amateur racing next year, and that's enough planning and spreadsheets without having to worry about all that.

Keep up with the riding, it's great fun. And it's always inspiring to hear from folks like you or see you out and about around town.

Anyway, I'm in the Raleigh area and routinely wear the Novo blue/white kit in things I ride in so that people that see it can stop me and chat if they'd like to. Nice to hear of your story and progress and good results, it reminds us of what we work on each day.

diabetes and cycling - Training / Health

rola643 Likes This 

Quick Reply