You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Twospoke.com    

Bike and Cycling Forum > Bike Forums > Beginners Forum >

Newbie jumping in too fast maybe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #31
glo36

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewes3 View Post
Hey Glo - your message brought back memories from long ago! I attended CSU there in Fort Collins in the early 60s (yeah, I'm an old fart!). Back in those days, few had bikes and bike trails were pretty much non-existent. Partied a lot at Horsetooth and up on the Cache La Poudre river - keg of Coors in the river to keep it cold. I can just imagine that biking now the trails must be absolutely beautiful.

Are you contemplating a road bike in the future or do you think you will stick with off-road bikes.

I might suggest you consider subscribing the Bicycling.com daily email. When I was getting back into biking last year. I found this to be one of the best source of information - from bikes, maintenance, health, technique, clothing, etc. About five or six articles each day, taken from the print mag and other mags. Highly recommended. (and no connection

Chuck
Hi Chuck!

I have never seen a place as bike friendly as Fort Collins. I grew up in a small town in Alabama. No bike lanes and the only trails were illegal dirt bike trails that only us crazy 10 year olds on Walmart Huffys and Murrays would try pedaling and we somehow survived crash after crash with no serious injuries.

I do want to build a road bike. I say it may be some time, but honestly if I see the right project, I'll probably start on it sooner rather than later.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #32
TruElvis
Two "Slow" Spoke

Bikes

Liked 5723 Times on 2478 Posts
Likes Given: 8503

Congratulations on the baby glo. You might be too busy to work on any bike projects for awhile.
"Cycling is not about looking outward at those ahead or behind you, but inward. It's about discovering the depths of your physical toughness, and learning that your mental toughness runs just a little bit deeper than you imagined. It's not about being better than others, but being, for a few enchanting hours, better than yourself."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply