Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else stupid enough to have done this in the past or signed up for this year's? I gotta admit, in a quite masochistic way, I'm sort of looking forward to it. The "official" date is this coming up Saturday. I'm working on my music/movie line-up to keep me from going insane.

Fat Cyclist » Blog Archive » Guest Post: Ride the 100 Miles of Nowhere With JOHAN BRUYNEEL

Best quote I've heard about this ride and riding 100 miles on the rollers: I knew it was going to suck, but I grossly underestimated the intensity, the sheer vehemence of the suckage.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! I can't describe how miserable this was. But here's a video:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/24728192]100 Miles of Nowhere 2011 on Vimeo[/ame]

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Watched several things. Had an ALMS race taped that lasted me about 3 hours. Watched Bicycle Dreams and the documentary on Pegoretti, Of Steel (though that was only 15 minutes). Finished up with an episode of Dual Survival. Still it was a mental challenge to stay entertained for that long on the rollers.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
100 miles on rollers? There has yet to be an instrument invented that is capable of measuring how much that would suck. I'm thinking that it would be on par with the event horizon of a super massive black hole.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Hmm...still seems to be working even when I'm not logged in. I'll check on some other machines later.
Got it , watched it this afternoon. I would not have the mental fortitude to that!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2012/04/03/start-getting-ready-for-the-2012-100-miles-of-nowhere/

Registration for this year's is next week sometime. Anybody else wanna try? I'm debating rollers again (for the mental toughness aspect) or doing repeats on a 2 mile hill that gains almost 700 feet. So, I guess option two would be 25 times up/down the hill for 16,500 ft of elevation gain. I'll let you guys vote. Should I do the rollers again or the hill repeats?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thankfully, I recently loaned my trainer to a guy at work :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2012/04/03/start-getting-ready-for-the-2012-100-miles-of-nowhere/

Registration for this year's is next week sometime. Anybody else wanna try? I'm debating rollers again (for the mental toughness aspect) or doing repeats on a 2 mile hill that gains almost 700 feet. So, I guess option two would be 25 times up/down the hill for 16,500 ft of elevation gain. I'll let you guys vote. Should I do the rollers again or the hill repeats?
I'm all for being outside so hill repeats is a winner! 25 times borders some monotony in the scenery hu? I guess that's no worse than the rollers tho hu?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm all for being outside so hill repeats is a winner! 25 times borders some monotony in the scenery hu? I guess that's no worse than the rollers tho hu?
I think monotony/boredom is a requirement. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts