Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this post will not excite anyone more than me so here goes. Sunday night at 8:43 PM my AWESOME 2.3 Trek turned over to a thousand miles. Yeah baby !!!!! I bought her in late April and although she has bucked me off a time or two, I still love her to death. Buying a road bike was a very, very wise decision on my part. My only regret was not doing this several years ago !!! If work would stop getting in the way, I could ride all I want to. :D
Okay enough of my babbling, just wanted to share that with everyone. !!!!!!!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Sounds like you are having fun. I got my Fuji Absolute March first I now have 2800 miles on it, and a fue on my outher 2 bikes. but at 65 work don't get in the way. :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just remember to see when Trek recommends a chain replacement. A worn chain can cause premature wear of the other drive train parts, some of which are far more expensive than a chain. IIRC I think the magic number is somewhere near 1500 miles, and at the rate you are going that will go quickly. A few dollars for a chain can save not cost.

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
I'm sure this post will not excite anyone more than me so here goes. Sunday night at 8:43 PM my AWESOME 2.3 Trek turned over to a thousand miles. Yeah baby !!!!! I bought her in late April and although she has bucked me off a time or two, I still love her to death. Buying a road bike was a very, very wise decision on my part. My only regret was not doing this several years ago !!! If work would stop getting in the way, I could ride all I want to. :D
Okay enough of my babbling, just wanted to share that with everyone. !!!!!!!
Congratulations, that's a big first ! I wish I would have started years ago as well ! I hear ya about the work thing. My miles are way down this year, BUT the quality of those miles is WAY BETTER this year than last !!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats on the milestone!!! I celebrated when I hit 1000 miles on my first road bike. I am about to hit 1000 miles on my back up road bike, which will require another celebration.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
1000 miles since April? lets see now, if you ride 25 days a month your averaging 8, maybe 9 miles a day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I hit another milestone Tuesday as I rode a 70 mile ride. It was awesome and I even climbed a small mountain, going and coming. I am beginning to become comfortable with my bike now and it seems to like me more as well. hehehehe Please understand, I am not bragging, I just hate I waited so long. At 50 now I plan on enjoying every mile and minute onboard. Speaking of onboard, I am a little put out with Carnival cruise lines, I am going on a cruise to Mexico in December and they will not let me bring my bike. Not good. :( lol lol lol Be well all.

Looking for the Yellow Bracelet also, can't wait!!!!!!!!

·
speedfan
53 Posts
Congratulations, good start. Are you a Cycology customer? They have a great shop, just curious.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks and yes, I am a Cycology customer. I bought my bicycle there and those guys have treated me great. I can't say enough about the shop and employees as well. We are lucky to have the shop here in Maryville.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Congrats I'm working my way there too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts