1000 and still going!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Frankie, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Frankie

Frankie New Member

I'm sure this post will not excite anyone more than me so here goes. Sunday night at 8:43 PM my AWESOME 2.3 Trek turned over to a thousand miles. Yeah baby !!!!! I bought her in late April and although she has bucked me off a time or two, I still love her to death. Buying a road bike was a very, very wise decision on my part. My only regret was not doing this several years ago !!! If work would stop getting in the way, I could ride all I want to. :D
    Okay enough of my babbling, just wanted to share that with everyone. !!!!!!!

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Sounds like you are having fun. I got my Fuji Absolute March first I now have 2800 miles on it, and a fue on my outher 2 bikes. but at 65 work don't get in the way. :D

3. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Just remember to see when Trek recommends a chain replacement. A worn chain can cause premature wear of the other drive train parts, some of which are far more expensive than a chain. IIRC I think the magic number is somewhere near 1500 miles, and at the rate you are going that will go quickly. A few dollars for a chain can save not cost.

4. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Congratulations, that's a big first ! I wish I would have started years ago as well ! I hear ya about the work thing. My miles are way down this year, BUT the quality of those miles is WAY BETTER this year than last !!

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Congrats on the milestone!!! I celebrated when I hit 1000 miles on my first road bike. I am about to hit 1000 miles on my back up road bike, which will require another celebration.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Congrats! Bike held up fine during the 1000 without issue?

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's awesome Congrats!

8. froze

froze Banned

1000 miles since April? lets see now, if you ride 25 days a month your averaging 8, maybe 9 miles a day.

9. Frankie

Frankie New Member

Thanks everyone, I hit another milestone Tuesday as I rode a 70 mile ride. It was awesome and I even climbed a small mountain, going and coming. I am beginning to become comfortable with my bike now and it seems to like me more as well. hehehehe Please understand, I am not bragging, I just hate I waited so long. At 50 now I plan on enjoying every mile and minute onboard. Speaking of onboard, I am a little put out with Carnival cruise lines, I am going on a cruise to Mexico in December and they will not let me bring my bike. Not good. :( lol lol lol Be well all.

Looking for the Yellow Bracelet also, can't wait!!!!!!!!

10. speedfan

speedfan speedfan

Congratulations, good start. Are you a Cycology customer? They have a great shop, just curious.

11. Frankie

Frankie New Member

Thanks and yes, I am a Cycology customer. I bought my bicycle there and those guys have treated me great. I can't say enough about the shop and employees as well. We are lucky to have the shop here in Maryville.

12. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Congrats I'm working my way there too!