Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cannondale road bike and it has sora on it with a tiagra rear mech thinking of upgrading to full 105 groupset just wondering if its worth it

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have a cannondale road bike and it has sora on it with a tiagra rear mech thinking of upgrading to full 105 groupset just wondering if its worth it

YES! I just upgraded to Tiagra shifters after riding for two years with Sora. Much better now to be able to shift when you're in the drops. With those silly thumb shifters its impossible. Also, the shifting is much smoother.

If you don't want to drop the dime on the 105's, the Tiagra shifters are a little less expensive than the 105's and they will match up with your rear derailuer and your Sora Front derailuer as well.

Eventually I will have a bike w/105's but for now, I'm completely satisfied with my new Tiagra Shifters.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Not a big difference between Tiagra and 105 either. I have three road bikes. One bike has full 105 9sp one has Tiagra 9sp with a Sora FD and the third has 105 and Ultegra 10 sp. Personally I find the 9sp shifting to be smoother than the ten speed shifting.

·
889 Posts
If you're gonna get a new groupset, look at SRAM Apex or Rival. It's a little cheaper than 105, lighter and performs just as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts