Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fortunate enough to be given this Ritchey frame by my best friend after he decided it was time for a clean out :)

The frame is a 1990 (I think) P23 which is made from Tange tubing as is the fork.

I have wanted to do a project bike from 1990 as that was the year I had my introduction to mountain biking and my first ride off road :D

Recently I picked up a 1992 Cannondale M2000 which essentially has the same kit and parts spec as Ritchey ran on these bikes in the early "90's".

I will post pics and a bit of a write up along the way, but first I need to figure whether to rebuild the bike as is or have it re-sprayed with new decals (If I can get them)

Any thoughts on whether to re-spray or leave original?

Cheers
Shane

Attachments

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today was another day of progress, with cranks, rear derailleur and "BLACK TYRES" fitted

I also managed to pick up an XT front derailleur in the correct clamp size from ebay locally eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Stole it I did

Pulled the headset apart and will use it until I can get a period correct item fitted. Looking at a nos XT unit at the moment.
I did find the left shifter mounting bolt is stripped where the unit mounts to the bars so I may need to locate one of those as well.

Have some PD-M737 pedals coming from the USA and just need to locate a stem now and I will have the bike ready to roll
I have some nicer XT canti's coming from the USA also

Unsure whether to use white or black outer casings for the cables. Will probably go white if I pick up a white seat and black if I get a black seat.

Anyone know where there are some old school Ritchey grips sitting unused?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts