Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm working on one of these. According to the small amount of info I found via google these came with mostly deore DX, mine has a lot of XT. Anyone one have any info on this bike they care to share?

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a pretty sweet bike. If it was smaller I might even keep it. It's a 21 which is a little big for me.

·
73 Posts
Gee that brings back memories :)
The shop I worked in during the early 90's sold GF bikes and you don't see too many elevated chain stay bikes around any more.
Yours may well have been upgraded by a rider/racer at the time as info on the www shows DX was the groupset for this beast.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i read that about it. I've had it for sale for about 3 months now and evidently its pretty worthless. Can't find another one anywhere either. It looks good collecting dust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes, i Remember,My friend.during the early 90's sold GF bikes and you don't see too many elevated chain stay bikes around any more.thank you,
:)

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Strip everything off the frame, box it up, and send it to me. I've fixed enough WalMart bikes lately that XT and thumb shifters would be a welcome sight.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've recently put in my ad that i'm open to trades for acoustic electric guitars but it hasnt seemed to help much. I'm gonna need to try something new soon.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,201 Posts
Great looking bike. I hope you can find a good home for it. How much are you looking for on it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
thats a sweet looking bike. a gary fisher was on craigslist here recently. i never saw it sell though.

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just sold this one about a week ago to a guy who seemed very happy to get it. Didnt quite get what I was asking but I still made money it so it's all good. I paid my studio rent and got a bike out of my house.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They do exist!

So I brought my ancient bike out of storage. Had to rebuild the shifters, replace the tires, tubes, and brakes. Went on a ride through Santa Cruz, CA. Here's a pic so you can see that these do exist in the wild!

I'm not too extreme so mine is still in great shape and nothing has broken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts