Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Crankset
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycle wheel
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame
Bought this new in late 92. Was first bike purchase after getting back into riding. Always loved trails and not so much road so when I found out it was time to go ride trails again on adult sized bikes I was hooked again and have been since. Has been hauled all over the country and ridden in some bizarre places. Used to have Manitou 2 fork when this was my offroad bike but after elastomers disentigrated and several bikes later, it became a touring bike and put the original fork back on it. other than tires, seat & the servo wave rapidfire 7 spd XT combo most of the parts are original LX components. This bike has to have at least 6k miles on it by now and still rides as good as the day I got it. Had some Ringle purple hubs but the collar on the rear hub gave up fairly recently so I laced up the original LX hubset to new hoops and here you have it...........

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Kinda miss the purple hubs but some more black back on it isn't hurtin anything. Also have the peace sign hangers but did away with straddle cable up front rigging up some Trek cam thing using some other purple doodads so that the cable housing went all the way to cam thing and lost the washer deal by headset top nut that the old cable housing went into then had bare wire down to straddle cable. This is cleaner I think.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Turned this bike into my fishin bike for lake "hoppin" (pun) in the area back in jul 2019......

7 spd XT rapidfire shifter/brake combo in post 1 pics were failing so I up'd the cassette to 8spd 12-25 since it has touring crankset 46/36/26, coupled to some leftover 8spd xt500 gripshift shifters/Oury grips and separate black avid single digit brake levers.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle frame Wheel

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a coupla pics from it's early reign before having n+1 taking over................

Home turf back then.....Ho Chi Mihn Trails in Memorial Park smack in middle of HTX metroplex....
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Shorts

Some state park low water crossing in the Hill Country area of TX to get to a remote section of trails...........shirt, shoes, socks and bike stayed dry. Water wasn't quite as low as usual or it would've been rideable but was moving pretty good that day and woulda swamped shoes, socks, hubs and bottom bracket at very least even if not getting knocked over.....fun times.....but aren't they all - yes!

Water Plant Tree Fluvial landforms of streams Vehicle

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL at 8yr old thread being updated with pics from bike's beginnings that should of been first post..............backwards build thread FTL. Did try to update first post but already had 10 pic max there so just threw them at the end. I'm taking classes at a local community college....intro to internet forum posting and making proper build threads

1 - 8 of 8 Posts