Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Let's shred the narr!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone :)

This is my first post on TwoSpoke, I am a member from JeepForum. My mail man and I were talking the other day and he said he has a 2004 Lemond for sale. He showed me a picture of it on his cell phone but I cant find an exact pic like it online. He said there is nothing wrong with it, he just never rides it.

My question to you is.... Would you pay $150 for a 2004 Lemond???

Thanks for the input everyone. If it is worth the money I would like to buy it ASAP because he said he is about to put it on Craigslist.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
any modele name or something ... all i know lemond bike was made by trek .... so it sould be fine and for 150$ it's a steal ....

·
Let's shred the narr!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not to sure of the model and he doesnt know much about it.

He said that he payed around $800 for it in 2005 being that it was a previous years model. In the picture it looked like it had yellow,brown and other colored stripes around it. He did say that the shifter isnt working and has a flat tire.

He said on Craigslist he wants $250 or best offer. He said he would give me a deal because I bought him a bottle of Makers Mark for Christmas.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If its in good shape, I would get it for $150. I would want to give it a once over though before purchasing to make sure all the components are in working order and there isn't some serious frame issues.

·
Let's shred the narr!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If its in good shape, I would get it for $150. I would want to give it a once over though before purchasing to make sure all the components are in working order and there isn't some serious frame issues.
Thanks for the response. I will give it a good look over. I think I will buy it from him. This will be my first road bike and I am really excited!

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Here's the deal with LeMond bicycles. They are a love hate relationship, if the bike fits you properly you will absolutely love it and if it doesn't there is no amount of tinkering that will make you do less than hate it.

The Nevada City was made prior to the big beef between Greg and Trek so you should be fine and the price is certainly worth it even if you hate it and have to pass it on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Sora components are definitely entry level. Make sure you give them a good look. I'm guessing you're going to put a hundred bucks into it between the broken shifter, rusted cables, maybe a chain, and maybe tires/tubes.

·
Helmet up, wheels down.
45 Posts
like gatorguy said - if it checks out as rideable I would say yes - very worth it. Is a good way to get into road cycling on a quality steel frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts