2009 Fisher Tasajara

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by topspinner55, Feb 11, 2010.

1. topspinner55

topspinner55 New Member

I put a deposit on Fisher Tasajara for $732. This is my first mtb as I have a Trek 4.5. Is this a good starter bike and good price?

2. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

that's one of the mountain bikes that I've had my eye on, should be a good ride for you.

3. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

best bang for the buck in the GF line-up, i sell a lot of those

4. flatlandRider

flatlandRider New Member

1st mtb was a Tas, put over 3000 miles on it.. great bike! still have the frame hanging on the wall.

5. jwl325

jwl325 Member

Very nice bike, and that sounds like a great price for a leftover--my LBS quoted me one that was a bit higher than that.

I just bought one of its siblings, a Wahoo Disc.

Like you, I'm a Trek fan, and though I know the GF's are in the same family, I liked the Fisher better than the comparable Treks in my range.

Congrats!

Bill

6. jwl325

jwl325 Member

Update--actually me and my LBS guy did mis-comm--wound up changing my mind at the last and going with the '09 Tass for $759.

I'm pretty excited--should be here later this week, already have my 424 pedals and Bontrager grips on hold waiting for her arrival.

Bill

7. jwl325

jwl325 Member

And here she is...road her home on Sat. Haven't had her on a trail yet, but the state of a lot of our city streets here almost qualifies, LOL...

Stock 17.5", with M424 pedals and Bontrager ergo grips (I have these same grips on my hybrid 7.3, and really liked them).

You experienced heads already probably knew all this, but for any newbies like me out there shopping, definitely check out whatever might be avail in terms of the '09 leftovers--in a lot of cases the changes between the years could be as minor as finishes offered. In the case of the Tass, the '10s have Avid Juicy brakes, a change from the Shimano 486s, but other than that and finish, I think the bikes are identical.

Bill

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  8. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Nice :thumbsup: Verry Nice :D