2010 Giant Defy Advanced 2

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Mike1jw, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Mike1jw

Mike1jw Member

Since I'm the proud owner of a 2009 (or rather 2010 since my frame is being replaced) Defy Advanced 2, let me be the first to post here.

I get the feeling there are not too many Giant owners out there. :(

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I got my girl a Boulder.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I like giant. I don't own one though.

4. mike047

mike047 New Member

I ride a Defy 3 and a Sedona DX...love both of them.

5. Mike1jw

Mike1jw Member

I have a Sedona that's over 20 years old and is still a great bike! There's a picture of it in my profile gallery.

6. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

i hope to kick this area up a notch. avid Giant owner...many years ago, the Giant Iguana got me into mountain biking (1992) and just plain out back into biking. all i used to have was an old Schwinn Spitfire SS that was a blast, but...

anyways, fastforward to 2004....and my father-in-law gives up biking and hands over his Trek....decent bike for sure.....after a month, i realized i needed a real bike...

GIANT DEFY which i took on my first 50 mile ride in new york this september. i'm not a roadie, but i'm getting hooked.

also, picked up an old 1993 Innova which i changed into my first CYCLOCROSS trainer/racer/commuter.....and yes, it is still a great riding bike! i have other bikes, but Giant is what i'll ride most of the time. the addiction will probably find me owning some vintage bikes....LeMond, Bianchi, Raleigh....

but already planning on getting a full suspension Giant and the 'cross specific TCX in 2010 ;)

7. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

I have a Giant Defy 2. (I am no Fred though) I like it for the most part but through an unfortunate series of events it does not go for very long without presenting me with some new problem. Most of which seems to be crappy bike mechanics and the crappy LBS I bought it at.

But I have to say since I got ran over and replaced the front wheel it's been pretty quiet with it.

8. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

heck, i have the DEFY 3! and maybe my LBS did a great job....no issues at all. i hear it's a great frame to keep and just upgrade other parts as needed. only thing i've changed on it (this was the biggest complaint in most reviews it seems) was the seat. the original seat is now on my old school retro Giant cylcocrosser. works great there.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  9. PANvelo

PANvelo New Member

hmmm. looking for something similar for my wife (in the spring...she won't go out now). maybe something even lighter duty