Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
possibly, not using that rear wheel or tyre. put 80 psi into a crap tyre and it sort of went boom. got a nice rear wheel that is getting a carbon fibre spoke cover made at the mo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The big question is what are you going to win with this bike?
YORKSHIRE PRIDE ! might get a small trophy, but thats about it. It's not about the prizes, it's all about the racing. and for me, it's about creating something different that works well:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to see it's coming along. When's its inaugural event?
Dalby forest soapbox derby on the 20th & 21st of august. The soapbox dudes are letting us join them for 2 days of fun. 20th will be testing and timed runs. 21st will be the head to head racing. the soapbox guys will do timed runs. the gravity bikes will be racing 4 at a time. Just over a mile of smooth downhill tarmac. speeds of up to 60mph with handlebars clanking on a very narrow road through the forestry. I will be racing against the 2010 world champion again on his new bike. Should be interesting. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and the sidehack guys will be racing as well. If you think gravity bikes are far out, wait till you get to see a sidehack in action. It's a gravity bike with a sidecar on and 2 people.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Dalby forest soapbox derby on the 20th & 21st of august. The soapbox dudes are letting us join them for 2 days of fun. 20th will be testing and timed runs. 21st will be the head to head racing. the soapbox guys will do timed runs. the gravity bikes will be racing 4 at a time. Just over a mile of smooth downhill tarmac. speeds of up to 60mph with handlebars clanking on a very narrow road through the forestry. I will be racing against the 2010 world champion again on his new bike. Should be interesting. :D
Awesome! I look forward to hearing the results.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Looks like bobsledding on wheels. Imagine it's a fun event as I have always liked watching the bobsled events during the winter olympics.

On 2 man I assume the rider has quite a learning curve for lean and stability issues that happen on different courses.

Good luck and keep us up on progress reports.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
that is super cool... great job. not going to lie, i was most impressed that your little girl is beside you tucking into the same position as dad. a reminder, we learned what ar parents did not what they said.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that is super cool... great job. not going to lie, i was most impressed that your little girl is beside you tucking into the same position as dad. a reminder, we learned what ar parents did not what they said.
That is Nell. She is my technical advisor and loves the bikes. She has her own profile on gravity bike hq. Nell Verity aka noodle racing :D

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
you are lucky to have such an awesome technical adviser. almost guarantees you a competitive edge...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts