Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
What, you mean the fact you send me American Pie. Not a fan of that stunt...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This year I do not have any large history and culture projects planned. I am going to simply research, photograph and post about history and culture as I come upon it.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Hope somebody enjoys your research -- auto-download of ANYTHING without prior notice is grounds for application of shoe leather to fourth point of contact. I WILL NOT be indulging.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope somebody enjoys your research -- auto-download of ANYTHING without prior notice is grounds for application of shoe leather to fourth point of contact. I WILL NOT be indulging.
Please explain what you're referring to. What is auto-downloaded when you open a blog post? Nothing is a part of my blogs that is harmful to anyone's computer.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're talking about the music player. It has been removed.

FYI: If it was trying to download it is because of the browser you're using or a setting on your browser. If you use Firefox this is not an issue, the built in embedded music player that is part of the blog page would just simply start playing the song, nothing to download.

But again because people like using browsers that are not as good as Firefox or do not set their settings accordingly, the music player has been removed. Sorry for those who never had an issue with it, the complaints from a few mess it up for everyone else.

If you're talking about something else being downloaded or attempting to download then I need to know what it is immediately so I can take care of it. It may be something I am not aware of and that may require the help from Google.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I may try to do is figure out how to modify the code so the mp3 track does not download when someone does not use Firefox or Safari and choose to go with the worst of all ever created browsers, IE. Another more and more popular browser is Google Chrome. It is way better than IE, but I did notice on mine it does download the mp3 track when I open my blog page.

I already know this is not an issue with Firefox, that is my second choice for a browser. I will never use IE on my home computer, wish I could uninstall it. And I know this is not an issue with Safari because a friend of mine has a Mac and it works the same as Firefox, it will not download the mp3 track, it just simply starts playing it.

If I can figure out how to modify the code I will re-add the player and music.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
READ REPLY #2 FROM rola; THAT's what I'm talking about. And it's not for you to decide that, because it's harmless, something can be sent to another's computer. NOR is it your call to decide what browser someone uses in order to view something you post HERE.

I believe this forum has an ignore list; if they do, you'll be on it in short order. Goodbye.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
READ REPLY #2 FROM rola; THAT's what I'm talking about. And it's not for you to decide that, because it's harmless, something can be sent to another's computer. NOR is it your call to decide what browser someone uses in order to view something you post HERE.

I believe this forum has an ignore list; if they do, you'll be on it in short order. Goodbye.

Being a bit over sensitive about this aren't you? I am not trying to decide what browser someone uses. I also stated the music and the code for the player have been removed from my blogs. Until I figure out a way to change the code where it just simply plays, as it does with Firefox and Safari, without it being downloaded or sent to another computer from mine it will stay removed from my blogs.

Lighten up a little.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Yup, there is an ignore list, you're on it, and like another I visit, I can choose to view a post from an ignored person. I have done so here, just to see how you reacted to my answer.

Pretty simple here, pal -- I'm a full and well grown man, I'll decide whether I need to 'lighten up'. Oversensitive? Nope. Have ZERO patience with bullshat.

I first clicked on your blog out of idle curiosity, and didn't care for the results. Decided, after letting you know I didn't like it (and you trying to defend it), that I don't need to to communicate with you. So NOW, I don't even have to click on your ignored posts anymore.

If that's what you call oversensitive, anal, or 'heavy', then that's your problem.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
CTD50 said:
Yup, there is an ignore list, you're on it, and like another I visit, I can choose to view a post from an ignored person. I have done so here, just to see how you reacted to my answer.

Pretty simple here, pal -- I'm a full and well grown man, I'll decide whether I need to 'lighten up'. Oversensitive? Nope. Have ZERO patience with bullshat.

I first clicked on your blog out of idle curiosity, and didn't care for the results. Decided, after letting you know I didn't like it (and you trying to defend it), that I don't need to to communicate with you. So NOW, I don't even have to click on your ignored posts anymore.

If that's what you call oversensitive, anal, or 'heavy', then that's your problem.
It sounds like the first time you clicked on the link to my blog was after I installed the music player on it.

If the music is the only reason you don't like the blog, even after it has been removed and you wont revisit it to see what it is actually about, that is petty and shallow. And THAT is your problem.

So I guess we both have problems we should maybe work on. Don't you think?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Incidental rail-fanning/train spotting from last Wednesday. I was stopped by this train and got the camera ready just in case something more interesting than the open hoppers went by. At the end of the consist, pushing the rolling stock was the BNSF locomotive with a color scheme I had never seen before.

I promise no music player or any other type of download associated with the blog. It has all been removed.

Check it out:
Train Spotting Wednesday March 21, 2012

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just finished publishing 3 new history blog posts. The locations visited to conduct the research was done 100% by bicycle.

These posts have a couple of firsts involved with them:
1. On one of them I show the chronology a little differently than in past posts.
2. The biggest thing is they are all 3 connected somehow. The challenge I am offering to people is to tell me how they think they are connected. So please take a look and comment on how you think they are connected.

REVEREND GEORGE C HADDOCK

CORN PALACES
ILLEGAL BOOTLEGGING AND GAMBLING

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I fibbed a little bit when I said I was not going to take on any large history research projects. I just finished one that took 3 months to complete:
Pacific Short Line Bridge and Railroad

This one has a sequel to it that will not be compete until sometime in 2013 because right now it is literally history in the making.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You never know what you'll come across when commuting home from work. Today I saw this consist parked on the tracks in North Sioux City, South Dakota. I never intended on doing any rail fanning/train spotting today. I have been trying to get photos of these locomotives since I first saw them. They look brand new. Not bad looking for a couple of reconfigured 34/35 year old locomotives, wouldn't you say?

Train Spotting Tuesday April 17, 2012

1 - 20 of 63 Posts