Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
America’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities

DC is no. 4 on the list

I find this most interesting

12. Tucson, AZ

Population: 520,116

Claims to Fame: The city with the most bike-lane miles (620!) in the nation has a bike-boulevard plan totaling 170 miles, and the Cyclovia, which helped increase bike commuting by 58 percent.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The closest city to me was Chattanooga TN. I knew there was no way Atlanta would be on that list.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I'm a bit wary of their ranking for NYC. A bike share program and ambitious plans for bike lanes really don't equate to making the city "great." There's a huge (IMHO) anti-cyclist attitude that permeates a good amount of the city. I love riding Columbus Circle and along the WSH, but I think it still has some turning around to do.

DC I think is about right, when we go down there it seems very cyclist friendly, plus it is relatively flat which I think makes it more conducive to ride in if you're not the hill type.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
DC BOY!! Fun to watch the change. It's not just bike lanes and bikeshare, it's all kinds of people, locals and tourists on bikes. Many ride here from Pittsburg, over three hundred miles on dirt. Bike commuting has jumped to over 3% in DC haha still a way to go. Some of these rookies ride dangerous stupid. Old heads, help out, be good cycling citizens, model good behavior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts