Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my Raleigh dealer today and was able to look through the 2013 catalog and what a nice looking lineup.
The flagship again this year is the Militis 3 sporting Shimano's new 9000, 11 speed group..

The Revenio Carbon 4 is also back with Ultegra DI2. The only Raleigh for 2013 using anything Sram is the Militis 2 using Sram Force..

Didn't see any pricing as of yet.

Militis 3

Revenio Carbon 4

Take a look to see the full Carbon and alloy road lineup...

http://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/road/

·
Registered
146 Posts
Which Raleigh dealer do you go to? Do they have the 2012s on sale? I wonder how much the 2013 Revenio Carbon 1 is for.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scat bikes in Portsmouth. I dont think the 2012's are on sale yet... Brian (the owner) has a 2012 Revenio Carbon 1 hanging at the store now. One of the employees bought a 2012 Militis 3 frame and built it up with the new Sram red and it came out to 14.5 lbs and is very sweet...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I want a 56cm frame so bad! Giant has the TCR cf frame set for $1000. I might pull the trigger on that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I want a 56cm frame so bad! Giant has the TCR cf frame set for $1000. I might pull the trigger on that.
For that kind of money the TCR frame is a steal. I've been riding an older TCR for a few years now and it never fails to impress me. On the subject of Raleigh's new line up, the bike I am most curious about is the new Record. I've been dying to see one ever since I saw an ad for them a few months back. I would love to have a new steel bike like that in my collection. When I was a kid the Raleigh Record was their bottom of the line bike this new one looks beautiful. Bicycling Magazine has a review of one in the latest issue and I have been holding off reading it, saving it for a special treat. Like vinyl LPs, steel bikes will never really go away.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wales, what brands does your LBS carry? I sold my Raleigh. Need a new bike!
Near me I have a Raleigh/Fuji dealer in Yorktown, Back Alley Bikes.

In Kiln Creek there is a Trek dealer, Bike Beat

South end of Warwick in Newport News we have Conte's that carries, Giant/Specialized/Felt.

In Williamsburg Bikes Unlimited has Raleigh/Bianchi/Felt

But I bought my Raleigh Team at Scat in Portsmouth last year and would buy my next one there also..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does Scats offer lifetime adjustments and bike fitting when you purchase a bike through them?

Fat frogs in va beach doesn't have any Raleigh Revenio carbon 2.0 in my size. I was interested in the Scott CR1 team but their carbon frames don't have a lifetime warranty.

Contes in va beach is the worst lbs in my opinion.

I might have to make a trip to your side this week to check out some bikes. Hopefully they have some sales going on.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian at Scat bikes is a great guy to deal with and can order what your after, but doesn't keep a large stock due to shop size.

Scat
3209 stamford rd
portsmouth
483-2818

Bikes unlimited will have the best Raleigh selection around these parts...
Before driving all the way to williamsburg I wouold just give Barry a call and let him know what your looking for and see what he has..

bikes unlimited
141 monticelo ave
229-4620

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I saw 2 bikes, Scott CR1 Team and the Raleigh Revenio Carbon 2.0. Both are the same price and have 105, but the Scott has better wheels, carbon seatpost and a Selle Italia saddle.
But Scott only has a 5 year warranty on their carbon frame, whereas Raleigh has a lifetime.

Should the frame warranty be a key factor in deciding which bike??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Noel said:
For that kind of money the TCR frame is a steal. I've been riding an older TCR for a few years now and it never fails to impress me. On the subject of Raleigh's new line up, the bike I am most curious about is the new Record. I've been dying to see one ever since I saw an ad for them a few months back. I would love to have a new steel bike like that in my collection. When I was a kid the Raleigh Record was their bottom of the line bike this new one looks beautiful. Bicycling Magazine has a review of one in the latest issue and I have been holding off reading it, saving it for a special treat. Like vinyl LPs, steel bikes will never really go away.
Is the TCR a full on road bike? Is it comfortable enough on longer rides?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put Raleigh's warranty to the test last fall when I sent in my 2006 Team frame which I bought used and they found a BB crack and replaced it with a new 2010 Team SL frame no questions asked...

I have read a lot of horror stories with other company's and people trying to use the warranties and for one thing or another they were turned down..

Raleigh makes some really nice bikes and they are only getting better. I bought my very own Super Course mkII with my first job in the mid 70's and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went to Fat Frogs in VB today. Test rode the 2012 Scott CR1 Team. Awesome bike. LOVED it. Then hopped on a 2012 Raleigh Revenio Carbon 2.0 and boy was I disappointed. Felt so sluggish and wasn't even as comfortable as the Scott.

The only drawback with the Scott, they dont offer a lifetime warranty. Its just 5 years.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5 year warranty should be more than enough, as often as most people replace bikes for the next best thing anyways.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I went to Fat Frogs in VB today. Test rode the 2012 Scott CR1 Team. Awesome bike. LOVED it. Then hopped on a 2012 Raleigh Revenio Carbon 2.0 and boy was I disappointed. Felt so sluggish and wasn't even as comfortable as the Scott.

The only drawback with the Scott, they dont offer a lifetime warranty. Its just 5 years.
The few Scott frames I've ridden always felt pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Be careful with Scott. I had a Speedster S20. Derailleur hanger was not replaceable. Mine bent and would not stay true. Scott told me to get bent. I had owned the bike less than 2 yrs. I will never buy another.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I am not sure if it was Scott or that LBS, but those guys at the shop had similar problems. I had to sell that frame for a single speed and very low $. I was pretty disappointed. Just my experience tho. When I bought the frame, I didn't even know that the hanger wasn't replaceable. Another ding for that shop for not informing me. The shop I use now is much more knowledgeable about their bikes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts