Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could it...will it...might just happen!

2015 World Cycling Championship in Richmond,Va.?

Would be pretty freak'n awesome if it does. The announcement comes today at the Capital Alehouse

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You bet!! Got plenty of room....for campers and tents in the yard one spare bedroom and someone has half heartedly asked for it already. I really don't understand why they choose Richmond but I'm sure good with it!

·
717 Posts
I'll open my home too...additionally I have three grown kids with their own places living in town with room on the floor! They are used to spandex clad middle-aged folks.:D

Wonder what the route will be, I do alot of riding on the outskirts of the city.

"oh boy, this is so great!"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well are there enough hills there so fat guys in spandex can run along side the riders getting in the way and making a fool out of themselves for it to be a proper bike race???

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed! I bet Taylor Phinney and some of the other US youngsters will be destroying it by then.
You called it Xela, Phinney could well be at the top of this event :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I guess I missed this thread when it initially came around. I see a east coast TS gathering in our future.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on! Let's do it! Easy for me say hu? I could ride my bike there, oh wait I just did :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got me a little insider stuff yesterday :) I can not wait for this !

image-2390106587.jpg

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Man it's been a LONG time coming but it's finally just around the corner! They have FINALLY released the race courses and I'm super stocks. My son is moving up there in March and in fact the building where the have made the ntelos commercial with the pool party on the roof if you have seen it. I just can't wait for this:)

http://richmond2015.com/about/courses/

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a good read from this little article.

http://richmond2015.com/2014/02/20/words-to-ride-by-training-camp/

Then there is the team presentation ceremony, which is almost always followed by a night of heavy drinking (the drinking seems to be the best team builder for some reason…I have physical scars and unprintable stories from these outings to prove it).

·
Retired
2,193 Posts
I'm gonna hit that Alehouse!!!! :D Bet I meet rola there! :D

·
Retired
2,193 Posts
At my Bride's suggestion, I just signed up for info on travel packages at the official site. We may end up spending the week in Richmond in September 2015!! Yippeeeeee! :D :love:

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At my Bride's suggestion, I just signed up for info on travel packages at the official site. We may end up spending the week in Richmond in September 2015!! Yippeeeeee! :D :love:
Keep me in the loop for sure man! I hvae gotten a few private messages and we could have a mini TwoSpoke...."gathering" :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts