Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,785 Posts
I also did not mean to offend and I sincerely apologize for my rant, and I am grateful that you are tolerant and rational. i can be too .... supposedly .... hopefully more often. Thanks you.
you were awesome! i am fine with other views and learned a lot from your posts. no sweat, on my end. all is perfect!

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,785 Posts
SprocketGirl.

It is great having you back with us.
I hope all is well with you and your family.
Are you still living in the States?
Same to you, hope the family is safe and well. I am in the states still and finally have dual citizenship. I was planning a trip to France this summer but obviously that is postponed for who knows how long. all and all things are better for me than they have been for quite a long while.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Same to you, hope the family is safe and well. I am in the states still and finally have dual citizenship. I was planning a trip to France this summer but obviously that is postponed for who knows how long. all and all things are better for me than they have been for quite a long while.
Sprocket, finally have a minute to sit down and be proper. I'm happy to hear you are happy and things are going well for you!! Hoping you will grace us with your presence for a while
:D @Dos_Ruedas said, we old timers are very happy to see you back and posting with us! Your posts are always thought provoking and well written with a different and knowledgeable perspective to say the least. And Emma(@cwtch )? Is she still in the area there as well?

My wife and I had a trip to Sedona planned for November and I had a few MTB rides planned but...we already pulled the plug on that trip. I'm honestly very disappointed but with other events and expecting another granddaughter in October make it ok to miss that trip.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,785 Posts
Sprocket, finally have a minute to sit down and be proper. I'm happy to hear you are happy and things are going well for you!! Hoping you will grace us with your presence for a while
:D @Dos_Ruedas said, we old timers are very happy to see you back and posting with us! Your posts are always thought provoking and well written with a different and knowledgeable perspective to say the least. And Emma(@cwtch )? Is she still in the area there as well?

My wife and I had a trip to Sedona planned for November and I had a few MTB rides planned but...we already pulled the plug on that trip. I'm honestly very disappointed but with other events and expecting another granddaughter in October make it ok to miss that trip.
Thanks Rola. Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled. A lot of great riding in the area but I do not blame you for cancelling the trip and it is probably a good idea. Congrats on the granddaughter to come!

Emma is well, she is married to a Dr. (I do not recall if they were married yet when she was last active here). They have moved for his work to Flagstaff (a little North of here) but I see her often. She is very well and happy as always. She is involved in a charity that gets kids from low income families bikes. They provide bike, helmet and lock to children. Early this year they gave over 200 bikes to kids. Most of her time is focused between that, coaching teens with eating disorders and riding. Basically, her efforts toward nomination for Sainthood seem to be headed in the proper direction. Her husband truly believes she is without flaw. He may be correct but regardless of accuracy in his perspective of her, he treats her as though she is a treasure. She finished her education and certification for EMT. She is not working in the field due to all the volunteer work.

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So awesome to hear! I'm glad she is happy as well. I do remember she was getting married and even more excited with the things she is doing! So full of awesomeness and not surprising to hear in the least.

This is my first granddaughter and folks here are prolly tired of seeing pics of her but she is the greatest thing in my life without question!

Hair Lip Eye Plant Vision care
Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Sky Dog Window Dog breed Carnivore

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,289 Posts
Thanks Rola. Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled. A lot of great riding in the area but I do not blame you for cancelling the trip and it is probably a good idea. Congrats on the granddaughter to come!

Emma is well, she is married to a Dr. (I do not recall if they were married yet when she was last active here). They have moved for his work to Flagstaff (a little North of here) but I see her often. She is very well and happy as always. She is involved in a charity that gets kids from low income families bikes. They provide bike, helmet and lock to children. Early this year they gave over 200 bikes to kids. Most of her time is focused between that, coaching teens with eating disorders and riding. Basically, her efforts toward nomination for Sainthood seem to be headed in the proper direction. Her husband truly believes she is without flaw. He may be correct but regardless of accuracy in his perspective of her, he treats her as though she is a treasure. She finished her education and certification for EMT. She is not working in the field due to all the volunteer work.
Welcome back.......think I'm rockin the doc's old bike, lol.....bought it from cwtch a few yrs ago. I dig this oversize monster truck of a bike. Glad to see your posts back here. Good to hear both you and Emma are doing well........
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why not run them together?!
Or, if that would be just too many at once, split them by an hour or two.

I’ll likely get slapped around for doing this but that never stopped me from stating the obvious before......

There’s something to be said for women cyclists and what they could bring to that event. Other than their ability on a bike they have a tremendous appeal to the male television audience.....

View attachment 45722

View attachment 45724

View attachment 45726

View attachment 45728

View attachment 45730

View attachment 45732

View attachment 45734

View attachment 45736

View attachment 45738

View attachment 45740

View attachment 45742

View attachment 45744

View attachment 45746

View attachment 45748

View attachment 45750

View attachment 45752

View attachment 45754

While I did slip in a few oddities, these all represent real female cyclists and true and marketable athletes or images.

Yes, I’d love to see them riding the same course at the same time or females starting before the men, so they’d be finished about 15-30 min before the men.

For more than just sex appeal, this would draw more people to watch “The Tour” period. That translates directly into more money for cycling and better products for us.
These made my day!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.