Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a concrete way to watch the 2021 TDF this year without streaming it? I can' t find a way yet. Odd schedule this year to starting in June and ending mid ( basically ) July. Sure the racers won't mind that.

Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,092 Posts
I ordered freaking Pee-Cock even though my TV is too old to be smart (much like myself.) I am sure NBCSN might have some cable coverage---the last 25 or so km--of some of the later stages, I don't know.

I suggest getting a VPN and a foreign dictionary and following the feeds on Steephill or Cyclingfans ...... The commentary is in a foreign language but sometimes that can be a plus.

I missed the last stage of the Dauphine because of the timing of the switch from Gold pass to Pee-Cock .... I wonder how many other "minor technical difficulties" will cost me whatever .... on a service I am paying a premium to access.

I know .... I have a home and food and some money, so I shouldn't whine, but ..... I have an 80-inch TV and watch my "Premium' content on a phone with a screen the size of my thumb .... so I will whine like a little bitch .... I am ashamed but I am honest.

/rant off

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered freaking Pee-Cock even though my TV is too old to be smart (much like myself.) I am sure NBCSN might have some cable coverage---the last 25 or so km--of some of the later stages, I don't know.

I suggest getting a VPN and a foreign dictionary and following the feeds on Steephill or Cyclingfans ...... The commentary is in a foreign language but sometimes that can be a plus.

I missed the last stage of the Dauphine because of the timing of the switch from Gold pass to Pee-Cock .... I wonder how many other "minor technical difficulties" will cost me whatever .... on a service I am paying a premium to access.

I know .... I have a home and food and some money, so I shouldn't whine, but ..... I have an 80-inch TV and watch my "Premium' content on a phone with a screen the size of my thumb .... so I will whine like a little bitch .... I am ashamed but I am honest.

/rant off
Our house is so small that if we had an 80” TV we’d ha e to sit outside to watch and not be cross eyed :)

Reactions: maelochs and MilesR

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: maelochs

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Watching Stage 1 on Peacock. It’s crashed a couple of times but reloads right away.
Just signed up for the free account. Pretty excited I can stream this while at work now :D

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,092 Posts
Tour de Crash is actually pretty painful to watch. I cannot recall seeing so many good riders get broken and beaten in so few kilometers. Some racing excitement, but too many losses .....

And yes, I am allowed to whine .... what do you mean that those riders are all suffering severe pain while I am just sitting in a padded chair in an air-conditioned room?

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Off topic but...enjoying stage 3 with an adult beverage and they just said the peloton is averaging 29 mph! I know a huge group like that move but dang man, that is MOVING!.

There's a fast bunch here that does a Wednesday night ride fondly know as the BOFM ( Battle of Fenton Mill ) ride and that group can average 23+ over the 39 hilly miles and that's NOWHERE close to that average the TDF guys cruising at.

Reactions: MilesR

·
Registered
291 Posts
Off topic but...enjoying stage 3 with an adult beverage and they just said the peloton is averaging 29 mph! I know a huge group like that move but dang man, that is MOVING!.

There's a fast bunch here that does a Wednesday night ride fondly know as the BOFM ( Battle of Fenton Mill ) ride and that group can average 23+ over the 39 hilly miles and that's NOWHERE close to that average the TDF guys cruising at.
I have heard it is not uncommon for smaller groups on tours (pro riders) being able to sustain 35 mph average over a period of time. Heck, I hardly do that downhill for Pete Sake’! Lol

·
Two skinny J's
21,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have heard it is not uncommon for smaller groups on tours (pro riders) being able to sustain 35 mph average over a period of time. Heck, I hardly do that downhill for Pete Sake’! Lol
And they do it while chatting about dinner and a massage tonight :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
And they do it while chatting about dinner and a massage tonight :D
So true! Rode with a pro once and asked how I could improve? He was young and funny…..he said, your past that possibility! Bwaaaaa ha ha! And I thought a 17.5 most often average was pretty good for a almost 52 year old! Well, I was about 10 years younger when he made this comment.

·
2,023 Posts
Philly had a triple crown series that ended in the early 2000s. The US Pro Championship was the big road race. Trenton was part of the series, a 90 mile flat circuit of 10 laps on a weekday evening just before the Sunday road race. You could watch up close and personal, standing on a corner as the guys came by 2 feet away from you at speed. One year I watched Bobby Julich and another guy in a two up break for 7 laps that was swallowed in the last lap. Race time was 3 hours flat, 30 mph.

Julich for a time dated a med student in Philly. He came out for a fall group ride with us one day on a weekend. Guy was smooth. Upper body never moved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.