Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a serious bmx and mtb rider, and I would like to ask how much interest there is in 22 inch wheel unicycles.

22 inch wheel bmx bikes are available in the UK (from a company called FACTION), in addition to a line of children's bmx at Toys R Us in the UK. A few good friends and I have been working on getting more 22" stuff available in the USA. I have rims. I have some tires. Tubes are available. We have been getting frames/forks custom made. All it takes is people who want to try it.

Back in high school I learned to unicycle and I noticed a pretty massive difference between riding a 20" uni and a 24" uni. Are there riders looking for a middle size?

If any of y'all are interested, check what has been going on over on this thread:
22 inches of Love - it feels just right

22 inches of Love - it feels just right

thanks!
CMC

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not necessarily interested in unicycles, although it's one of those things I'd like to learn - someday! My question is, what the heck is a 22" wheel? 451?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not necessarily interested in unicycles, although it's one of those things I'd like to learn - someday! My question is, what the heck is a 22" wheel? 451?

22" BMX wheels and tires are 457mm axle to crown. It started as a thing in BMX with the company Faction BMX out of the UK. Then small brands like Indust did frames. S&M became involved early as well.

24"s next to 22" wheels:

and 20" X 1.95 tires compared with 22" X 2.20 tires.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
22" BMX wheels and tires are 457mm axle to crown. It started as a thing in BMX with the company Faction BMX out of the UK. Then small brands like Indust did frames. S&M became involved early as well.

24"s next to 22" wheels:

and 20" X 1.95 tires compared with 22" X 2.20 tires.

Wins the timely response award.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,829 Posts
Had me at cycle - lost me at uni........& oh boy, more tire sizes.

I want a full suspension unicycle..............I mean I want a pogo stick with a wheel. Does anyone unicycle with a dropper seat post? What about clip-ins? Why not? Not sure if I should go with 21.3" or 25.6" wheels...............

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
^ i12 here you go
Get one of these and go mtb on a uni. Look disc brake.
Pretty sure riding this would lead to my death.

·
3,510 Posts
I will take a unicycle with training wheels, please.... at least one trainer wheel in front, a sprocket in the middle, toss inn a handlebar while you're at it. That disc brake works for me. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,829 Posts
UNIcycle = one person on a bike riding alone.

·
Two "Slow" Spoke
3,445 Posts

·
Two "Slow" Spoke
3,445 Posts
Rofl :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts