3-man

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by London, Nov 30, 2009.

1. London

London Guest

Wouldn't a fully-faired three-man trike be fun. Have all three people inline and hunkered down. Maybe one man only to see and steer. Or viewing shields for all, but one guy steering. Make it low and like a rocket on its side. The trike configuration would help with balance and the manpower could overcome the 3-wheel drag. Each man with a wheel. Whole thing under 120 pounds. Wonder if it's been done and how fast?

2. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Looks like you have a mission. Get on it and let us know. :D

3. London

London Guest

Wish I had the time and the know-how. I picture something like a bobsled team of idiots flying around in the summer. Love to do it.

4. Smiley

Smiley New Member

5. gatorguy

gatorguy New Member

Interesting.

I would think you'd have to have a single drive wheel or control would be an issue.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Sounds like an interesting project. Almost like a rowing style setup.

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Greenspeed is the closest you'll get right now.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Like this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  9. digitalmouse

digitalmouse Recumbent Evangelist

Well the trike part is already been done many times. One example is using the Kettwiesel delta trike (it allows you to take off the front wheel and attach to the back of another Kettwiesel like a trailer).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDcq5vXZHE&feature=related]YouTube - Trike train on the Midtown Greenway[/ame]

Just need to develop a flexible fairing/cover for it! :D

10. London

London Guest

That's a wild setup. It seems like anything I can think of has already been done to death. Nothing new under the sun.

11. London

London Guest

Civil War sub

fun, ever see a picture of the Civil War submarine, the Hunley? That's what I envision but with wheels poking out beneath it. And something lighter than cast iron plates riveted togther. And not a crankshaft inside but rows of foot pedals. Actually, nothing like the Hunley. Forget it.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

If you build it they will come!

13. London

London Guest

I can't weld or do real machine work other than grind a bit. No real experience with CF or fiberglas. Anything I could cobble together would sink about as fast as the original Hunley.