Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions..

I'm looking into a new set of wheels and have it down to Williams System 30x alloy or 50 carbons. The 30x wheels would be ordered new from Williams and 50mm carbons are on CL used with 150 miles on them. New the 50mm's cost $1000 and they are asking $550 with brake pads and skewers.

Would it be ok to use a 50mm carbon clincher wheel as a daily rider?

Thanks

WILLIAMS CYCLING | Wheel System 30x

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Save the money and just ride!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Save the money and just ride!

You know, your right!! My Eastons work great...

Going to pick up a couple of kits... Maybe even a BB30 crankset... FSA SL-K light...

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
There ya go. We need to ride again. This time of year gets busy for me and the riding slows way down. We need to get you up here one time on a Sunday afternoon and do a nice ride :)

BTW, one of the guys I ride with has a cheap set of Boyd Carbon wheels ( under 1200 bux) and they flex like hell on the hills here and make the most gawd awful sounds when he brakes and spent a small fortune on brake pads.. you ALWAYS get what you pay for :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds great to me. Not sure how soon it's going to be since I had surgery this past friday... I did pickup a cycleops trainer to ride when it's bad outside...

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
I may have to put my Roubiax back together and use it for the this winter. It just sits collecting dust with a broken crank. I meant to ask before but what was your surgery for if it's any of our business?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had Umbilical Hernia surgery.

I wish I would have known you were in need of a crankset. I just sold a very nice Ultegra 6600 53/39 with 175mm arms.

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Lol, I have a couple of different cranks laying around. 2 SRAM a double and compact and a triple from when I originally bout the Roubiax

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you use any BB30 cranks?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You have a nice set of Eastons. I'd spend my money (or not) on other upgrades.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Those look sweet. Which rim are you going with?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are built sturdy since I'm 6'2" @ 225 lbs

Front=Novatech A141 hub laced to a Kinlin XR-270 rim 28f/2X using DT-Comp-Black spokes and DT-12mm-Brass-Silver nipples

Rear=Novatech F162 hub with Shimano freehub body laced to a Kinlin XR-300 rim 32r/3X using DT-Comp-Black spokes on the Drive Side and laced

1 - 14 of 14 Posts