Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just amazing you can go to jail longer for drug possession then shooting someone. This guy is a psycho and he gets 4 months? Shoots a man in the head in front of his family?

Former Asheville firefighter Charles Alexander Diez will spend four months in prison for shooting cyclist Alan Simons in July. Diez plead guilty to assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill yesterday.

On July 26, Simons was riding with his family on Tunnel Road. According to Asheville police, Diez had stopped to argue with Simons, saying that the child seat the cyclist’s 3-year-old son was riding in was unsafe. As Simons began walking away, Diez fired his handgun, the .38-caliber bullet tearing through the back of Simons’ bike helmet, less than an inch from his head. Diez has no prior criminal record and was sober at the time. While he was originally suspended with pay at the time of the incident, on Aug. 10 he ended employment with the Asheville Fire Department.

Former Asheville firefighter gets 4 months for shooting cyclist | Asheville News | Mountain Xpress

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I think all amount of character, Karma, whatever you got built up is immediately dismissed when you try to shoot some body in the head.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just amazing you can go to jail longer for drug possession then shooting someone. This guy is a psycho and he gets 4 months? Shoots a man in the head in front of his family?
4mos. is definitely not enough, for attempted murder.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
The ironic thing is that he was originally motivated by pointing out a safety issue!!! I guess that speaks for his character in some bizarre way. Too many guns out there, way too many.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
The ironic thing is that he was originally motivated by pointing out a safety issue!!! I guess that speaks for his character in some bizarre way. Too many guns out there, way too many.[/QUOTE

It's funny that most evil things start that way.

I disagree about the gun. If the cyclist had one we would be reading a different headline. " Crazed Fireman Shot Dead After Attempting to Harm Cyclist in front of his Family".

I can support that headline. Instead I feel sad.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
I don't wish to quibble but really... too many guns. Your scenario leads to discussions becoming showdowns with handguns.... if you really mean that funetical I'll have to shoot you.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I don't wish to quibble but really... too many guns. Your scenario leads to discussions becoming showdowns with handguns.... if you really mean that funetical I'll have to shoot you.

A man on a bicycle with his son should not need a gun to defend himself. There should be no reason for him to have one. Even if he did, he was shot at from behind, so there's a good chance it wouldn't have done him any good.

Until someone figures out a way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people, I will exercise my right to legally carry one, and hope I never need to use it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A carbon fiber gun maybe.... otherwise too heavy for road use!
We already have guns of carbon fiber. Some parts of the frame and grips are CF. Glock and many others make polymer-framed guns and have for years. The current crop of firearms are perfectly suited to biking with. Unless you're racing. Then I'd go with a modern carbon fiber dagger. Anything's better than nothing and it sure is light. Afterall, we're out there to win at all costs!

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Hmmmm ok.... and this guy's a doctor... starting to remember now why I moved to Sweden! :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmmmm ok.... and this guy's a doctor... starting to remember now why I moved to Sweden! :(
It's a joke, Swede. I leave the high-tech cutlery at home, but we do have plastic guns. Guy's gotta have a variety of hobbies. All the world is not a velodrome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts