Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be 65 in a cupple of weeks. Yesterday I started my 10 mile ride but when I got to the turn around I just kept going, 35 miles to Sea Isle City. That is when it came to me, I can ride 65 miles for my 65 years . So I filed up my watter bottle and started home, it was hot it was long and the hills were higher steeper, I was slowing but I made the final turn 5 miles to go. there are 3 hills I have to go over, man were thay hard . I made it up the first 2 and on the 3rd I was realy hurting, a cupple hundred feet from the top the tire gave a wosh and shut me down 62 miles. I was to tired to fix the flat I just started pushing. about a mile and a half down the rode a guy stops to tell me I was doing it wrong I was suppose to be rideing the bike. loaded the bike in the back of his truck and made it home I am sure glad he stoped I dont know if I would have made 2 hr of pushing it would take to get home. If the miles don't add up to you I did a little 3 mile loop befor I started that I was not going to do on the way home. This was on my Explorer 2 comfort bike sure didn't feel comfortable at the end of my ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great ride. You should have fixed your flat! Of course I can say that, as I wasn't in your situation! Great job, kudos to you!

·
Registered
346 Posts
CONGRATS, Great Job!!! I'm hopin I can ride that far when I make 65, have 8 years to go, I turn 57 in a month.

I'm thinkin you ain't as tired as you think, not many people could ride at all, let alone 65 miles, again, VERY good job!!!!:thumbsup:

DrB

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think if I am going to go that far again I will be better prepard, more watter on the bike I only had 1 bottle each way, and some food, all I had to eat was a banna with peanut butter befor I left
As for the flat I would not have bin able to fix it as the sidewall had a blowen out spot and I found a little hole at anouther spot. It probably got low on air from the small hole and that gave me a pinch flat that took out the sidewall. ofcorse I did not know that untill today. I am not riding today wifes orders, but the quick 6 will have to go into service untill I get some tires and tubes,

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wow. I could not have done that without food and lots of water. You are tough! Bummer about the flat. And yes, next time plan before hand! :D

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
That's a neat spur of the moment idea. Congrats on making it as far as you did! I wouldn't be able to do that much in one day anytime soon!

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife told me I burned off enough callries to lose 1 pound the calculator on the bike said
3127.4 cal,
196.6 fat
9.1 av speed that inclueds pushing for 1 1/2 miles
6H-59M-29SEC
63.747 inclueds pushing 1 1/2 miles
36.4 highest speed that was down hill on the bridge leaving Sea Isle City
960.13 miles on the bike baught 6-29-09

1 - 12 of 12 Posts