A couple of bike gear websites

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jeepster93, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I thought I would post a couple of web sites that sell some pretty cool stuff and pretty good prices.

The first is Bonk town(http://www.bonktown.com)
    Mostly for road bikers

The second is Chain love( http://www.chainlove.com/)
    Mostly mountain bike stuff

Not sure if the links will work as they are constantly changing.

They are deal of the day kind of things...every few minutes a new item comes up, so I check them often.

If this is the wrong thing to do...Mods delete this and I won't do it again...:D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Seen both of them; chainlove is kinda cool, got my daughter a pair of gloves there.

If you see, & then miss, an item you want, keep looking; if they don't sell out, it'll come back around.

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Don't get to caught up in the moment on those sites. Sometimes the item is a good deal. Sometimes it is not. Look around a bit before you buy.

4. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Good point, GA -- but since I live for bike parts/price comparisons/the industry as a whole, I'm the exception that can see it pretty quickly. I like to stay up on what/where in the bike biz...................

5. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

The deals on Chainlove are pretty much always good deals. I've been buying from them for a while now. A lot of what they sell is kind of weird stuff though like odd or ugly colored stuff. I have definitely gotten some great deals. I haven't made a single purchase from them that I have regretted. But your right Grape--Caveat Emptor always applies, especially with regards to internet purchases. A bigger risk though is getting addicted!

I'm not familliar with Bonktown. I'll have to check it out sometime.

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I don't know where i read it but sometimes on these sites like chainlove you will get a bum deal. What happens is they have some decent frames, they build them with low spec parts and then they sell them. the price they show as the original price is the price for the bike if speced with top parts as it would have sold from the factory. When it's sale price is a still a bit high considering parts that are on it. Now if it is a spec bike and has the same parts that a built bike would have come with then yes the drop in price is good but if built with bottome end parts it isn't so just beware.

You mention the colors and such of the items, I have noticed there are always some weird colors available. Heck if we outfit with the weird colors and do something to make us famous we can just say it is our style. That way it will be easier to sell your own line of clothing when you become famous. You can turn the color choice over to a classroom full of 4 year olds and people will be saying you are ground breaking. Now I need to go find some ugly wild colored stuff to wear incase I ever get famous.

7. boxhill

boxhill New Member

I might be wrong about this, but I think the stuff that cycles off the site can be viewed anytime in the bike gear section of BackCountryOutlet.com.

RealCyclist.com and HucknRoll.com are also bicycle gear sites affiliated with BonkTown.com and ChainLove.

8. faastmoto1

faastmoto1 New Member

that's great , do the homes pages of these websites constantly change i don't think , i mean internal links or some products would change by some time ..