A couple of dumb bike riders.

Discussion in 'Activism / Safety' started by SUX VR40 Rider, Sep 1, 2010.

1. froze

froze Banned

But then sometimes the cycists wins: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3xqDfgIr4]YouTube - Crazy Bicycle Police Chase[/ame]

2. Gomez

Gomez Member

3. froze

froze Banned

I wish the video was clearer and the helocopter crew reported the cyclist's speed. In the film it looks like this guy was really moving, and the burst of speed he put on to go between the two trucks was amazing. Maybe he should try racing instead of fleeing.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Never seen that before. Any clue where it happened?

5. froze

froze Banned

No clue where it occured or why. There's at least 8 cuts of this on You Tube but all of them are short and the clarity poor, it's like someone recorded it after the chase was on for awhile using a cell phone for a camera recording it off the television. Then they ended it weird because you know a helicopter is not going to lose sight of the rider, so perhaps if the person recording the action would have not edited it short the cyclist got caught later? We'll never know.

I got away from a cop once on bike myself when I was 14. He tried to get me for running a stop so I just headed out across a forest area which was about a 1/4 mile thick and made it across a rail road track to a dirt road and ran that for about 1/2 mile then into a swamp area where I knew of a homemade foot bridge was at and got across that. Never saw the cop once I left the road he tried to stop me on. I did that on a Schwinn 3 speed.

6. mitchelj00

mitchelj00 New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing with us. Then they ended it weird because you know a helicopter is not going to lose sight of the rider, so perhaps if the person recording the action would have not edited it short the cyclist got caught later? We'll never know.

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

That's from an advertisement, if I recall correctly.