Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride early-4:30am early. About 2 weeks ago we had our first cold (for us) morning (42deg.) so I had tights, and a blue windbreaker and helmet.

I was about 10 miles in to my short loop and was rolling through downtown.
The stop lights were all blinking yellow and there was no traffic at that hour.

As I was coming up to one of the main roads I noticed 3 largish young men with hoods and baggies on walking smack dab down the center of the 3 lane street three abreast.

I was spinning quietly and moved to the left to go around them. As I approached them the center fella caught me in his peripheral vision but only turned his head a bit to see me, then looked back ahead. The fella on his left, the one closest to me saw him look and then looked himself. At this point I was dead even with him so that when he saw me he jumped and blurted "Oh &#[email protected]! :eek:Sorry Officer!"

It didnt' occur to me until a block later that I was wearing a blue jacket and helmet on a black bike with a front and rear flasher going.

I chuckled and headed home.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before work.
4:00-6am ride
7am-5pm work
5:30-9ish family, kids studying, dinner etc.
9-10:30ish relax,sleep
Repeat

I've only been doing this about 3 weeks...occurred to me that I'd never have any time to ride if I didn't make time and that slot was the safest, fastest, and most enjoyable one. So far it's worked out great.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts