Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i am building up a new mtb, it was going to be a Yetti Arc but it ended up being a Commencal (i am french and like french things) i got a dirt jump frame but am building it with a xc fork(reba sl that will soon be a Fox) and such. i am small enough that the super short seat tube works for a normal riding position for me and the geo just makes it a nimble trail ride, that is super tough and can take some pounding... it is a little heavy but i have a powerful engine to equip it with. one thing left... i want to put flat pedals on it and cant decide what to go with. price is irrelevant and i want something super functional and nice looking.

any ideas?

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very embarrassing... i had to google Manolo to discover what they were.
i can tell you how gear ratios work and what components are compatible but had no idea about high dollar shoes unless made by Sidi or Lake or NorthWave...
So, when i order my new Manolo's what pedals will they look good on?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Since she is French I think it has to be Christian Louboutin.

Still if you are going to put flats on the bike, other than looks how much different is it really going to make other than weight? With your foot clipped to the pedals, I can see where it would make a great deal of difference, but flats? Except for something to keep your feet slipping off, what else is there. I remember years ago I got mad when they put those little studs on the flats on my 10 speed, because it forced me to wear shoes to ride a bike. Riding a bike barefoot was the norm up till that point. Where I came from shoes were a Sunday event in the summer, but rarely any other time. After riding a while I realized why they were there and begrudgingly put on my shoes. I'm just curious though, what makes one flat pedal any better than another???

Still I wonder if we should have a 24 hour period where absolutely no one teases Sprocket Girl about anything??

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
Still I wonder if we should have a 24 hour period where absolutely no one teases Sprocket Girl about anything??
Not happening. Too many people have there day made when she posts in response to their teasing. Me included. :)

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys... i think. lol
Hack, i do like the point 1
Mark, the biggest difference is the pins as hack said. the other differences are the thickness... thinner flats give a longer stroke before they roll and therefore are more efficient. the other thing is looks... and i do care about looks!
Tedzo, glad to make your day even at my own expense;)
i will take a pick of the bike lacking grips... it has pedals on it that need to be replaced, they have non replaceable pins and are too ordinary.

this is the Commencal

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
“Make a woman look sexy, beautiful, to make her legs look as long as I can.” -Christian Louboutin

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,569 Posts
You should, like, totally buy this bike cause it already comes with peddles and stuff...

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
That Next has the fork on backwards. Besides, the Commencal is the Cedric Gracia model. And how cool is a Frenchman with a Spanish sounding name that's been known to dress as Captain America?

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good points by all... besides buying the Next. pretty sure that bike would not last me a month. Plus i am not into full suspension, i think it has a place but i don't need it even a little.

Cedric is cool and he no longer rides Commnecal, making the bike even cooler.

i have been shopping pedals like crazy and should make a decision pretty soon; i hope.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts