A Good Idea For A Bike Cam? Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by NewYorkBiker, Feb 7, 2018.

1. lectrichead

lectrichead Active Member

Wow, that's cheap. I'm loathe to add anything more to my bike but I've been looking at these and similar ones for an idea as a rear mount camera that is not going to add a lot of weight and is small and unobtrusive.
    For the price it's hard to beat - but unfortunately it's looks like in your video that with too much distance the ability to read license plates decreases, and it doesn't look like it is waterproof? Battery life is a factor too.
    But for the price it's something I may buy to mess around with. I imagine some sort of mount that would go right on the back of the seat bag would work, though it would put it in a terrible position for rear tire splash.
    Your's looks black but in the link you have it's a different color (it looks kind of Steampunk), but I found the black one also.

John_V likes this.

2. Tom Sykes

Tom Sykes New Member

Doesn't look that bad, really. Personally, I think that the night vision might come in handy.

3. lectrichead

I have a webcam with LED's that are arrayed around the lens like that and is supposed to be for night vision but it only really helps for a few feet in front of the camera on mine.

4. roadman

roadman New Member

I am using Garmin Virb Elite and I am satisfied by the quality of image. This camera is quite expensive, but I like it and can recommend.

Dos_Ruedas likes this.
  5. lectrichead

I use the Garmin Virb Elite - the older model that looks like a torpedo. Works really nicely and doubles as a kinda bike computer as it can display all internal/external sensor data and GPS info.

Dos_Ruedas and roadman like this.