Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen them posted a few times now and I have to ask aside from saving a little weight, what's the advantages of having a left only fork?

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, if you are right handed, you can't ride a Cannondale.
That don't make no sense. Being the only left handed person I know I can't afford a Cannondale, so that tells me 100% of left handed people won't buy one. Yet their sales are amazing. The only possible conclusions can be:

A. Right handed people are buying Cannondales
B. Ambidextrous people are buying Cannondales
C. Aliens are buying Cannondales and us Earth people are in trouble.

·
Recovering Retrogrouch
34 Posts
That don't make no sense. Being the only left handed person I know I can't afford a Cannondale, so that tells me 100% of left handed people won't buy one. Yet their sales are amazing. The only possible conclusions can be:

A. Right handed people are buying Cannondales
B. Ambidextrous people are buying Cannondales
C. Aliens are buying Cannondales and us Earth people are in trouble.
I'm left handed and I would not buy one. Basically because they are the UGLIEST forks (well it's not a fork cause a fork has to have at least two legs) ever.. !
Even though my longtime MTB race hero Tinker Juarez rides a Lefty, its still not enough to make me like them.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm left handed and I would not buy one. Basically because they are the UGLIEST forks (well it's not a fork cause a fork has to have at least two legs) ever.. !
Even though my longtime MTB race hero Tinker Juarez rides a Lefty, its still not enough to make me like them.
I'm taking function over form on this one. I don't mind it being ugly if it produces a better ride.

I asked Tinker what he thought of the Lefty, and here is his response:

Seems like a nice guy. He smiling and giving a thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I got my first MTB in 1987, and would read about Tinker winning races back then. He's still doing it. Rebecca Rusch introduced me to Ned Overend, who has been racing just as long, and is in his 50s now.

·
Recovering Retrogrouch
34 Posts
I still dont understand.am right handed and i ride a cannondale.what is running a brake?????????please specify?
I think what Hack means is that bicycle disc brake calipers and rotors are designed to go on the left fork leg not the right. So...if you had a "Righty "fork the disc brake would not work on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts