Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gotta be an insanely expensive build; and truthfully, it looks like something you would hang on your wall and be afraid to ride, but that is one hot bike.

serotta.jpg
(was gonna insert the image direct from the web, but it was huge. Full size is here http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/serotta/meiscreensaver.jpg)

Rest of the article detailing the build is here.

PezCycling News - What's Cool In Pro Cycling

That's the second colored chain I've seen recently. Anyone know are this custom jobs or are there companies selling these direct now?

Attachments

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
The Pashley Guv'nor

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I realy like the article and the bike, but I did not get any COLA money this year so it an't in my future.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I realy like the article and the bike, but I did not get any COLA money this year so it an't in my future.
Hey Wild, my guess is you're either military stationed overseas but from Jersey and have recieved COLA at your location in the past at least. Or you're a civilian that works for a company that actually pays for COLA at U.S. locations. I'm in the Air Force myself and the thought of recieving COLA at a U.S. location brings up a laugh, from the deepest depths inside me! LOL But yeah, COLA would be great for toys like these :)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, did you see in there he had the cranks died to match the frame lugs? Crazy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
pez said:
Meivici Frame and fork will cost some place near $8000 frame and fork and can change depending on options. Complete bikes will cost between 11 and $18,000 complete package from Serotta.
I'm thinking that bike was more towards the $18K side of things, hell the brakes alone list for $520 without pads!
but geez that is gorgeous.
If I win the lottery, that's the bike I'm going to get (well one of them).

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
dcswan maybe I should have put COLI in stead of COLA, I am 65 I guess you could say I work for the gov.
I was thinking if you parked that bike in Philly how long would it take to show up on craigslist :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
dcswan maybe I should have put COLI in stead of COLA, I am 65 I guess you could say I work for the gov.
I was thinking if you parked that bike in Philly how long would it take to show up on craigslist :eek:
Gotcha, just goes to show I should have checked out your profile before commenting! LOL :) But as far as what you said about leaving it in Philly, I got to thinking how stupid some criminals really are. If someone had a bike as nice as that, I would think and hope they would have some kind of insurance on it for starters. Two, if someone had a bike as nice as that they would report it stolen as soon as they noticed it was gone. I can see if they were on vacation, house was broke into, etc etc etc for it to take some time to be reported. But third I would hope they would have the serial number as well. My thought is that whoever would steal it from the streets of Philly is some two bit nobody who is probably strung out on something to begin with lookin to make some fast cash to get more strung out and wouldn't think to do what would be needed for not getting caught on craigslist, or at least not getting caught as easily I should say!!! LOL But there is always that chance of a seasoned thief getting their hands on it and having a little more common sense than that. Either way, that would make for a very bad day for one poor unfortunate individual:(

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Gotcha, just goes to show I should have checked out your profile before commenting! LOL :) But as far as what you said about leaving it in Philly, I got to thinking how stupid some criminals really are. If someone had a bike as nice as that, I would think and hope they would have some kind of insurance on it for starters. Two, if someone had a bike as nice as that they would report it stolen as soon as they noticed it was gone. I can see if they were on vacation, house was broke into, etc etc etc for it to take some time to be reported. But third I would hope they would have the serial number as well. My thought is that whoever would steal it from the streets of Philly is some two bit nobody who is probably strung out on something to begin with lookin to make some fast cash to get more strung out and wouldn't think to do what would be needed for not getting caught on craigslist, or at least not getting caught as easily I should say!!! LOL But there is always that chance of a seasoned thief getting their hands on it and having a little more common sense than that. Either way, that would make for a very bad day for one poor unfortunate individual:(
Well you'll like this story, dcswan.

Revo Cycles Helps Recover Stolen ,000 Bike - Orange County CA Cycling Race Team | Allied Cycling

Not sure why the guy wasn't charged, though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good, story! Glad to see the worker had some idea on what he was being asked to work on. I'd have to agree that it is hard to belive this guy wasn't charged, but then again investigations take some time too. Maybe this guy really was given the bike and he really was just that clueless as to what he had and how his friend originally obtained it. Always a possibility I guess, but the probability of that happening you'd think would be highly unlikely. Some crooks are just plain dumb too! LOL

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Sorry Xela I didn't realize this was in the road bike dir. I should stick to Fred Bikes.

I know it's nothing to drool over but it's mine. Then again, I always liked the 'girl next door' types too.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Xela I didn't realize this was in the road bike dir. I should stick to Fred Bikes.

I know it's nothing to drool over but it's mine. Then again, I always liked the 'girl next door' types too.
No problem, Nigal! Don't worry about it at all. Glad to see the thread getting diverse.

Love the colors on your Giant! Like I said, I'd be afraid to actually take that Serotta out, so what's the fun in that?

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
That's the second colored chain I've seen recently. Anyone know are this custom jobs or are there companies selling these direct now?

CONNEX makes colored chains!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts