A Place I love to bike

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by DavidHenderson, Jun 3, 2010.

1. DavidHenderson

DavidHenderson New Member

St. Joe State Park near Farmington, Missouri is one of my favorite places to bike ride. The park has over 8,000 acres and most importantly an ELEVEN MILE paved bike/walk path through the woods. Here's my video of a sample of the ride: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s3znMlC94]YouTube - Doesn't every Park have one of these?[/ame]

Can anyone list specific awesome places to bike? (and possible video?)

Regards, David Henderson

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I really love these vids. They're like Travel documentaries for cycling junkies.

3. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I like the vid. I got'a be honest, I kept thinking about how lucky to have trail/path like that with no other traffic. I can't imagine no other cyclist, roller bladers, joggers, etc. !

*Edit* The closest thing that I know of in my local area would be the The Battlefields in Yorktown, Va. in the Colonial National Historical Park. Mostly ride this with my wife and friends on ye ol hybrids and not on road bikes. Have no video only a Garmin map of it.

The Battlefields in Yorktown, Va.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  4. DavidHenderson

Thanks. I started biking while in Norfolk VA. I was on a Naval Base, so I don't think they would be too excited about videoing there, but still those ships are visually stunning.

5. DavidHenderson

I appreciate that. I also agree. I like seeing cycling environments that are different from mine. I hope to do some travel and capture any interesting bike routes. We'll see.

This 11 mile paved trail is a wonder for me.

6. Doohickie

Doohickie Older than Hack

This is from a week or two ago, in a local park near downtown Fort Worth

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXdqG-WQ494]YouTube - Fort Worth Trinity Park[/ame]

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's been a long while since I was in Fort Worth. It's prettier than I remember. Excellent choice of music.

8. SUX VR40 Rider

SUX VR40 Rider New Member

David, cool vid, I liked it. But I have a question about how included both the recording facing front and the recording facing to the rear in the same vid. Is that a feature on youtube? Or is that something you had to create before hand with the software you used after which you uploaded it that way to youtube? Which movie software did you use to do that with?

9. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Boohoo! I cannot watch youtube videos at work......damn govt computers!

10. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I hate dialup :(

11. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Guess I am spoiled. I have ridden that trail, but if it were not for the neighbor dogs that run loose and pot holes Id lots rather cruise the back roads near the house. Course I live out in the boonies. Nice video Well done.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What's the Government's issues with youtube?

13. johan

johan johan

Good idea.. i think :)

14. fixxt

fixxt New Member

I go to school in Polk County, Oregon. Its a definite backwater but the roads crisscross through endless hay fields, hop farms and hazelnut orchards. Miles and miles of nothing but great scenery. I've almost gotten caught in the dark before because I took too much time enjoying the sunset on my trip home.

15. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Fixxt, that's great. That's the way to ride.

To many people put their heads down and ride as hard as they can, to me that's not riding.

I ride to enjoy!!