Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to ride with Alex one day...although I'm sure he would have to slow down for an old man. We have all seen some of his great achievements posted here such as the Ride of the Imortals so...I am throwing this out here at TS as a public challenge for Alex to compete in an Ultra cycling event! It was sent to me as a joke and I almost deleted it until I thought a out some of Alex's great accomplishments! So here ya go Xela! How many miles and much endurance would you have for a 24 hr event?

National 24-Hour Challenge

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Oh no! :) I was thinking about something similar. No details yet until I decide if it would ever work. Plus, Rola, seeing some of those rides you've posted, I actually think I'd have to speed up to ride with you.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To me that would be huge undertaking! Some of them put up some pretty good miles and just trying to stay awake and think clearly while riding that long would take some serious mental training. I think you could do it Alex, it would make the 100 miles to nowhere worth the mental effort!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Actually, for about the past month I have been looking at options to ride from my house to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital in Memphis as a fundraiser for them. I have planned to do it in a 24 hour period. It looks like the mileage is between 312 to 330 miles depending on the route. I guess the next step is contacting them and committing to it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep us posted! I'm sure for St. Jude's you will get a few donation dollars form TS!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
There's lots of hills (and road) between Fayetteville and Memphis! I'm impressed, and I know you can do it.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Count me in as a contributor!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Alex, any update on your decision to ride to Memphis?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Nope. Been busy with other things besides the bike. *gasp* Still considering it and all options for the route. I'll keep this updated with progress, or lack thereof.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anything?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts