Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to share this to hopefully spare some of you what I've gone through this past weekend. I have had the absolute worst gas imaginable this weekend. My wife jokes that 'Flatulence' should be my middle name. But this is over the top, even for me. What the #$%E did I eat at Thanksgiving????

I finally figured it out. With my ongoing health kick I'm always looking for healthy alternatives to my normal meals. Friday at the grocery store I was in the cereal isle and remembered something I had recently read about how good the Kashi GoLean cereal is for you. After a large bowl Saturday morning and this morning I can honestly say that stuff is evil. I Googled 'Kashi GoLean Gas' and I'm not the first to experience this phenomenon . Check out the link below. I laughed till I cried reading the comments others have had with what one person called 'Happy Golden Farty Crunches'.

1 cup Kashi GoLEAN Crunch + 1/2 cup milk = Endless stomach churning gas. - Please God No

You've been warned!

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
danger danger danger

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a shame too. The stuff is really good! A little more research and discovered that they use Chicory Root as the main source of fiber which is known to cause major gas issues with many people.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Hmmm, guess I'm immune to it's gassy effects. I have been eating it without problems for over 2 years. It is quite tasty with blueberries on top!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, guess I'm immune to it's gassy effects. I have been eating it without problems for over 2 years. It is quite tasty with blueberries on top!
Lucky you. I'm still undecided about tossing the box or not. I might just keep it and only eat a bowl on Saturday mornings. Imagine the advantage I'll have on the bike. Anyone I pass will be down wind ;-)

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
The office environment may not appreciate the GoLEAN Crunch breakfast if you keep eating it during the week :D Could make for some interesting days at work!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Lucky you. I'm still undecided about tossing the box or not. I might just keep it and only eat a bowl on Saturday mornings. Imagine the advantage I'll have on the bike. Anyone I pass will be down wind ;-)
Keep the wheel suckers out of your draft.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
I eat lentils for breakfast and not even that is as bad as what you describe. I say we take up a collection and bribe Poolie into eating a whole box with a six pack of Budweiser, just for fun.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm done with that stuff. Woke up in the middle of the night with the really bad pains. Not ones I've ever experienced before. Not stomach pains, it was much lower and deeper. I can imaging is you had a small alien stuck in your gut and it was trying to get out, that's the feeling. Had I not already identified that the Kashi was causing some really bad after effects I'd have been very worried about myself.

Anyone want a slightly used box of Kashi GoLean Crisp?

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts

Dude that is just plain evil :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've heard about vegetarians having gas problems even if they have been eating high fiber for a long time.
Most people do experience flatulence concerns when they switch to a high fiber diet. However as we age, more fiber is needed. That's why so many fiber supplements are available. The social consequences can be a bit over powering at times. But it helped me create a comeback.
I hate it when people use the greeting, "How's it going?"
Now I tell them, "Good, now that I'm on a high fiber diet."
I think I will stay away from this stuff.

BTW Necromuter strikes again:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts