Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This spring I purchased a used 2006 Raleigh Team bike from a LBS and at the time of purchase the store owner told me about the seatpost bottle cage upper bolt being stuck in the threaded insert. At the time I didn't think I would ever need 2 water bottles, but was I oh so wrong.

About 2 months ago I contacted Raleigh's warranty department and after telling them what was wrong I was told that it was covered under the LIFE TIME warranty and they would cover shipping both ways. I dropped my frame off about a month ago at the same LBS where I purchased it earlier this year for them to set up the warranty work.

Today I received a call from the LBS owner telling me they had found that the bottom bracket was cracked and would be replacing my frame with a 2011 Carbon Team frame..

Hats off to Raleigh for standing behind its products...

I do have a Easton EC90 SLX full carbon fork I'll be parting with now...

My old ride. It's such a hot frame and it will be missed...

2011 Team frame.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Wish I had a little of that luck!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thats a refreshing story. Bummer about your loss of a ride for awhile but good news overall. I do like the aesthetics of the old frame better, but hard to turn down the new one huh?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very lucky eh!!!

I have a back up bike and have been riding it while the main bike is down. I love the 2006 frame, its so damn hot...

No way I would turn down the replacement...

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Very lucky eh!!!

I have a back up bike and have been riding it while the main bike is down. I love the 2006 frame, its so damn hot...

No way I would turn down the replacement...
Now you just need to register for the Gloucester Virginia Cycling Event – Ride the Dragon – Thousand Trails campground and come ride with us and break that virgin frame in right! Then afterwards enjoy the Main Street Blues and Brews Festival | Gloucester Virginia October 8, 2011! It's gonna be a busy day, last year the Blues and Brews was a sell out!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Its not lucky. It an honest business that appreciates their customers and takes pride in their work. Honestly my next road bike might be a Raleigh as a result. I know where I was leaning, that is till Rola had his issues. Still so far what I have seems to be hold up well and if I buy another bike soon it will likely be a full recumbent. I ride the half bent most of the time now anyway. Before long it will be time to make the full conversion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts