Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems relevant to post this here since it seem to happen in forums like this with some frequency from time to time.

I found this...well, sad that it has come to this. I'm kinda tossed on this. I hate it when I see it but is it bordering on taking my freedom of speech?

"They're the people who delight in posting something inflammatory or outrageous with the intention of provoking a reaction. They often don't care if what they post is offensive or simply stupid, all they desire is to disrupt genuine conversations or upset innocent people."

An update to the US State of Arizona's telecommunications harrasment bill, however, could send a strong message to internet trolls that their behaviour is not going to be tolerated.

"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use any electronic or digital device and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person."

Don't be an internet troll. You could be sent to jail!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Don't think that applies here. Although I was quoted the Americans with Disabilities Act as reason to un-ban someone on another forum, because that member was on meds.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
It seems relevant to post this here since it seem to happen in forums like this with some frequency from time to time.

I found this...well, sad that it has come to this. I'm kinda tossed on this. I hate it when I see it but is it bordering on taking my freedom of speech?

"They're the people who delight in posting something inflammatory or outrageous with the intention of provoking a reaction. They often don't care if what they post is offensive or simply stupid, all they desire is to disrupt genuine conversations or upset innocent people."

An update to the US State of Arizona's telecommunications harrasment bill, however, could send a strong message to internet trolls that their behaviour is not going to be tolerated.

"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use any electronic or digital device and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person."

Don't be an internet troll. You could be sent to jail!
Whatever happened to people learning to deal with idiots by just ignoring them? Now they gotta make laws ( that will only be enforced in certain situations anyway ie. when its too late) to make it look like they give a crap? Sigh. Sticks and stones .... oh wait then they will outlaw sticks and stones as well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Some of the most interesting forum discussions I've ever had were in Troll threads (some of which I started...)

"They're the people who delight in posting something inflammatory or outrageous with the intention of provoking a reaction."
I always try to provoke a reaction; not saying whether I'm seeking a positive or a negative reaction, but a strong reaction brings about the most entertaining and enlightening conversations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts