AC Sprint 350's

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by jdcaff, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jdcaff

jdcaff New Member

does anyone have any thoughts or experience on/with the American Classic sprint 350's? Here's what's relevant:

I'm replacing Shimano r500's, so these should drop more than a pound.
    I'm 142lb rider which is 4 pounds over mid-season form, I ride 4-5x a week, in east tn (read: hilly).
    Don't have an unlimited budget. Swmbo would faint if I topped 1k for wheels when I have wheels. These I can get for $700 and I haven't even looked very hard.

My thoughts are that i'm not concerned with the flywheel effect of a slightly heavier rim since i'm rarely on flat ground. also, to get much below the 1410g that these are gets silly expensive. These seem to be a good mix of cost/weight.

Wondering about durability, although the roads I ride are pretty smooth.

In the completely inconsequential category, the black and red color scheme goes really well with my S1.

thoughts/recommendations?

jc

2. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

I think they would be a good purchase. You might be able to do better on price if you search around online. I know someone who trains on them and thinks they are great.

I would also consider the Dura Ace 7850 SL. they come in around 1514 grams which is only about .2 lbs heavier and they spin really well, the hubs are top knotch, and you can run them tubeless or clincher. You can find them for less than $700 as well if you shop around.

3. jdcaff

jdcaff New Member

another one I'm looking at are the blackset race 10 and/or pure race superlights. For the price diff, the race 11 seems the (much) better deal at $330. I've seen some chatter here about the race 10/11. any additional input? Also, I don't know much about hubs (these or others). Are they quality?

thanks in advance.

jc

4. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

The blackset race 10 is discussed here in depth. You might find the info you are looking for. I have heard good things about them. The hubs are good but not Dura Ace good, but then again they don't cost what Dura Ace costs either.

Here is another good review of the Blackset Race 10. http://bit.ly/fDENME

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. jdcaff

jdcaff New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the links to the other threads. That pretty much does it. Going to pull the trigger as soon as the cash gun is loaded.

Thanks again,

jc

6. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

So has your cash gun been loaded yet?