Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't remember who, but one of the poster's here or on "That Other Board"" has a signature conveying a thought that is shared by at least me. He wants to arrive at the end with a thoroughly worn out body, from which every bit of life has been extracted.

Once I turned 80 and it looked like I was on the longer life track of my family I decided to have the docs give me a good exam. I have had a couple of spine traumas, the last one put me on crutches and a wheel chair until I had major surgery. I have some residual foot drop that sometimes can be resolved by removing some of the hardware. Been exposed to a wide variety of nasty chemicals and radiation.

Finished the thing this morning with a final visit to the neurologist. The verdict is in. I am healthy with good cognition and no medical problems. What I am doing is literally wearing out my body. How fast it will wear out is a matter of conjecture. But, if I continue my current regimen I may achieve my goal in 5-10 years. That will make me 85-90 years of healthy life. With medical support and activity restrictions I might make it longer.

Life is nothing but a series of problems to be solved. I think I have solved this one and am well on my way to achieve the goal.

·
3,510 Posts
Can't remember who, but one of the poster's here or on "That Other Board"" has a signature conveying a thought that is shared by at least me. He wants to arrive at the end with a thoroughly worn out body, from which every bit of life has been extracted.

Once I turned 80 and it looked like I was on the longer life track of my family I decided to have the docs give me a good exam. I have had a couple of spine traumas, the last one put me on crutches and a wheel chair until I had major surgery. I have some residual foot drop that sometimes can be resolved by removing some of the hardware. Been exposed to a wide variety of nasty chemicals and radiation.

Finished the thing this morning with a final visit to the neurologist. The verdict is in. I am healthy with good cognition and no medical problems. What I am doing is literally wearing out my body. How fast it will wear out is a matter of conjecture. But, if I continue my current regimen I may achieve my goal in 5-10 years. That will make me 85-90 years of healthy life. With medical support and activity restrictions I might make it longer.

Life is nothing but a series of problems to be solved. I think I have solved this one and am well on my way to achieve the goal.
you're an inspiration to many.... perhaps most all of us in here, to desire to be active, desiring a healthy attitude is one part of that quotient. Enjoy as many of the tours around the sun that you can hawk. Share with us. :thumbsup::thumbsup::love:

·
Mountain Tourer
719 Posts
Hawkowl,
Great inspiration! Here I thought I was getting old at 71. You Reminded me of something my Dad used to say " I am not as good as I once was, but am as good once as I ever was!" At 19 this made no sense. Hang in there Dude, I totally agree with your philosophy! Took up tennis this year as a new sport, believe it or not...dropped a few pounds and quickened my step. But still love to ride!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.