Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I want to add a few accessories on my bike like a rear rack and some fenders. I ride a 2011 Schwinn tourist hybrid with 700cc tires. I want that Topeak explorer rear rack but i want to make sure it fits to the mounts properly first so I don't wind up returning it. I would need to get that sunlight mono stay adapter with the rack but I need to know if it fits Ok with the rear fork mounts without having to make any mods to the rack or my bike. And who makes good fenders for 700cc hybrids?

·
Registered
927 Posts
http://bit.ly/QAunVp

Hope that helps.
I can't imagine putting fenders on a bike of mine, so I don't really know how else to help...
there was a lot of info in your post, but only one question about fenders.
cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main question was if the explorer bike rack would fit on my Schwinn tourist without slanting backwards or something. I am also curious if anyone knows a for sure good quality brand for 700cc fenders. some look cheaply made but I just want to be sure. I should have phrased my question about the rear rack to make it sound more like a question. Ill post picks of it when I get all the parts on it.

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
Attached are photos of Topeak Explorer racks mounted to a Surly LHT, a Jamis Aurora, and a Giant Cypress DX. The racks on the LHT and Jamis have an intentional very slight forward tilt. The Giant usually looks the same, but has a slight back tilt in the photo.

On the Surly and Jamis, the forward rack mounts attach to the seat stays. On the Giant, the forward rack mounts attach to the seat post.

Some useful dimensions are:
A - The vertical support arm, from the attachment point near the dropouts to the top on the horizontal rail is 14 1/2 In
B - From the vertical support arm to horizontal bar at the front of the platform - 8 1/2 in
C - The riser to which the trunk bag locks is 2 in.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts